[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table

Workshop: Construction of the 'Ruins of Mordheim' modular table, part 36.

I started building another module, on which this time I decided to place a model of a stable and an inn, which I built from two models from the Lasercut Building.

The edges of the module are covered with plaster elements from Rotten Factory.

nB0cR8.jpg

hPxcHC.jpg

KOgrE1.jpg

2yiswW.jpg

hc1mR7.jpg

Fimm McCool

If I may offer a scenic carpenter's critique- you have adopted a kind of brickwork staggering with the floor boards which looks a bit unnatural. Real floor boards are usually staggered in rows of four or five or randomly:
ed29e1c17dec5fd00822882647629a8c.jpg

Fimm McCool":1bm3m08v said:
If I may offer a scenic carpenter's critique- you have adopted a kind of brickwork staggering with the floor boards which looks a bit unnatural. Real floor boards are usually staggered in rows of four or five or randomly:
ed29e1c17dec5fd00822882647629a8c.jpg
Oh, indeed. Thank you for your good criticism. :)

symphonicpoet

The ambient lighting looks wonderful. I'm actually slightly curious if you're using multi LED light engines which might allow you to alter the color temperature. The temperature you're using, which feels like a fairly middling daylight at maybe 5000K, gives a nice ghostly effect when it's dim like that. Makes for a great "witch light" kind of spooky magical feel. Something very warm, maybe barely more than 2000K could give a good old-timey gaslight sort of feel. (I love a good, warm sodium glow.) Not sure if you have a dial-a-temp capability at all or if you're just stuck with whatever color a sing LED gives you. If the latter, what you have works great. If the former . . . you can have three or four sets for the price of one! :grin: (Depending on what you want for the occasion.)

Anyway, loving this more and more all the time. :)

symphonicpoet":t7cmmadd said:
The ambient lighting looks wonderful. I'm actually slightly curious if you're using multi LED light engines which might allow you to alter the color temperature. The temperature you're using, which feels like a fairly middling daylight at maybe 5000K, gives a nice ghostly effect when it's dim like that. Makes for a great "witch light" kind of spooky magical feel. Something very warm, maybe barely more than 2000K could give a good old-timey gaslight sort of feel. (I love a good, warm sodium glow.) Not sure if you have a dial-a-temp capability at all or if you're just stuck with whatever color a sing LED gives you. If the latter, what you have works great. If the former . . . you can have three or four sets for the price of one! :grin: (Depending on what you want for the occasion.)

Anyway, loving this more and more all the time. :)
The LEDs I use do not have an adjustable color temperature. But this is also my first approach to the subject, and the modularity of the table itself imposes limitations resulting from the need to power each module separately. I think that a more professional use of lighting can be played at larger tables.

Thank you for your comment. :)

Warsztat: Budowa stołu modułowego 'Ruiny Mordheim', część 40.

Pora na ostatni krok, czyli pokrycie dachów wyciętym z balsy gontem i wypełnienie szczelin gliną samoutwardzalną.

I tak oto, kolejny moduł jest gotowy.

J2e9hT.jpg

X5z5Ms.jpg

MI9mih.jpg

e2Srs7.jpg

MkvahR.jpg

mA9chO.jpg

eI2TVZ.jpg

10BN86.jpg

Workshop: Construction of the 'Ruins of Mordheim' modular table, part 41.

While building the next modules of the table with the ruins of Mordheim, I completely forgot that I was supposed to make a module that would act as a central square or a market square.

And so, fairly quickly, I built the following super-planned 13th module, with the logo Mordheim in the middle.

Fragments of the ruins are plaster casts from Rotten Factory, and the resin elements of the lantern are a product of Alien Lab Miniatures, while the manhole cover was cut by a laser by Black Grom Studio.

AGro93.jpg

RuTXMH.jpg

piD9ci.jpg

vfarIR.jpg

TF1xzw.jpg

tkVQ0U.jpg

GqJquV.jpg

BzRs4H.jpg

OJy6N1.jpg

tyx2T7.jpg

pTsqli.jpg

wUM7Q8.jpg

JonAtron":wgfqvpwu said:
Man, this thing, this is just awesome. Truly a great bit of time, effort and imagination.
Malacassa":wgfqvpwu said:
That looks fantastic
Thank you very much. :)

Workshop: Construction of the 'Ruins of Mordheim' modular table, part 42.

I started building another table module with the ruins of Mordheim.

In the first step, in addition to the ruined model of the house from Lasercut Buildings, on the module I placed plaster elements from Rotten Factory molds and lanterns, which I valorised with a resin skeleton from Alien Lab Miniatures.

CyItPZ.jpg

AkInCY.jpg

Ps3Mko.jpg

9GP16Y.jpg

bolHlA.jpg

3Urfsr.jpg

twisted moon":3dkyjdi0 said:
how many more to go? i'm looking forward to seeing them all painted up!
In fact, I still have two and a half modules to build. But we will have to wait for painting. When I build all the modules, I will take care of the details: furniture, stairs, ladders, rubble, etc.

Workshop: Construction of the 'Ruins of Mordheim' modular table, part 43.

In the second stage of building the module, I carved the pavement in plaster and completed the half-timbered wall.

UtKLwe.jpg

zt1CQx.jpg

pV550z.jpg

3Qo9gx.jpg

HWSalW.jpg

twisted moon

quidamcorvus":2ywnwgqj said:
But we will have to wait for painting. When I build all the modules, I will take care of the details: furniture, stairs, ladders, rubble, etc.

i'll try and be patient.

JonAtron

I rather like the look of it in the raw without paint. It's intriguing and the material colours give it a Brothers Grim book illustration feel. :)

Sleepysod

Looking great. You must have an infinite amount of patience, I could see myself breaking very early if I tried this project…

Back