[WIP] Building of Ruins of Mordheim modular table

Loose Loser

Can already imagine it surrounded with Venice type water effect. Good thing is that it's not that deep hehe Looking great.

Thank you very much for your motivating comments.

Workshop: Construction of the 'Ruins of Mordheim' modular table, part 7.

After completing the work on the foundations, I started filling the gaps between the building beams.

For this purpose, I used plaster of paris and used the same technique that I used in the construction of Teufeslberg, more about which I wrote HERE.

uuClmP.jpg

NUxDou.jpg

Tvc3iV.jpg

EricF

Administrator
It's all coming together very nicely. I'm very much looking forward to seeing it with the base coat of paint on and having all the pieces tied together.

Are you planning to add slates/shingles/tiles to the roofs over the MDF etched pattern?

symphonicpoet":1ibnd13y said:
That central manse is turning out brilliantly!
Thank you. :)
twisted moon":1ibnd13y said:
are you painting the elements as you go along, or waiting to do them together once they're all built?
First, I want to build a whole city. Only when I have everything ready will I start painting everything at once. Thanks to this, the models will be consistent and painted the same.

I did this before when building the village of Teufelsberg.

DF4q7L.jpg

7z229g.jpg

cGBkoT.jpg

However, I plan to use slightly different colors, and I want to make the roof and interior the same as in a special building.

HwbuXt.jpg

However, I plan to make the ruins themselves in dark colors, as I painted the Mausoleum of Morr.

73GkmV.jpg

Workshop: Construction of the 'Ruins of Mordheim' modular table, part 9.

Two weeks ago, on the DansE MacabrE blog, I showed you the first module of the table with the ruins of Mordheim, completed, at least at a basic level.

Today I have photos for you of the second module I was working on.

In addition to the ruined building model of the Granary from Lasercut Buildings company, the module also has a place for two towers cut from HDF by Karol and a bridge, which I built with styrodur, wooden slats, cork and plaster bricks bought in the Battle Models store.

The structural elements cast from white plaster are bits from Rotten Factory, and I have traditionally scratched the pavement in plaster putty.

R08jEg.jpg

proBPV.jpg

XRCLb5.jpg

73dr7k.jpg

SBLxVM.jpg

azWHh7.jpg

5pnSmS.jpg

BnOEJt.jpg

G0cscc.jpg

KRYUkY.jpg

zS0WPm.jpg

Famw4L.jpg

twisted moon":2ym790xt said:
looking good.

Workshop: Construction of the 'Ruins of Mordheim' modular table, part 10.

Work on the second module of the Mordheim Ruins table continues.

The next stages of work are mainly gluing gypsum and cork bricks, and then filling the space between the elements with self-hardening clay.

The half-timbered wall on the granary was made of plaster of gypsum, and the door visible in the last photo is Stone Entrances and Doors Set from SpellCrow.

wUYtNA.jpg

AWdzQg.jpg

OMGdqk.jpg

PFy1UO.jpg

tMFy50.jpg

QHl5Vl.jpg

QrUED8.jpg

Z2n5B5.jpg

41TKzA.jpg

yfTKHy.jpg

symphonicpoet":xu494lr6 said:
I'm really loving this. It's becoming a thing of utter beauty!

Workshop: Construction of the 'Ruins of Mordheim' modular table, part 11.

After sticking dozens of bricks and filling the gaps with self-hardening clay, as well as building the floors and the remains of the roof in the granary, I completed the first stage of work on the second module.

In the pictures below you can see what I have built so far.

7sPnTt.jpg

XojNyD.jpg

hrmN7X.jpg

TNZuGj.jpg

uspetH.jpg

zCJF8A.jpg

58fQCc.jpg

oS8OZP.jpg

G1Pu93.jpg

xhe8Qp.jpg

3g6tNB.jpg

Citizen Sade":3d74zgo3 said:
Epic.Are you keeping track of the man-hours that have gone into it?
Thank you.

I think one module is about 20 hours. I plan two years for the entire table, including painting.

Michael Stockin":2lpmvqhr said:
Superb, simply excellent.
I am glad you filled the gaps with plaster/mortar, it takes it from great to even better!
symphonicpoet":2lpmvqhr said:
The crazy tower is utterly fantastic! :)
Caradepato":2lpmvqhr said:
Inspiring stuff! The amount of bricks is flabbergasting.
Thank you very much. :)

Workshop: Construction of the 'Ruins of Mordheim' modular table, part 13.

Work on the next module of the Mordheim Ruins table continues.

I covered the mock-ups with gypsum bricks, filled the gaps with self-hardening clay and gouged out the pavement in gypsum putty.

I also made a chimney out of cut styrodur, which I added to the house model.

In addition, I covered the interiors of the buildings model with wooden slats, cut into sections.

FIO7qG.jpg

wmnLdk.jpg

H8RR1T.jpg

feq8BD.jpg

VyTcVB.jpg

xLsGfQ.jpg

8iMrp7.jpg

JmCKmt.jpg

nI3oPE.jpg

Back