What about a nice group project? The knight project

Asslessman

@ Harry : Black and white one gets my vote for what it's worth, if you can't manage to mount a halfling on it, you can always sculpt some saddle with a lot of food to put your halfling on top of this package ! (big ham or a beer barrel)

@ Rab :

Hope this helps :

M2ugZ4Oi4yvhGOkKXOKYsdOTkQdRo1iwKdEWwmmcOPc=w1389-h565-no

Well,
The moose I thought would work has arrived In the post and far too large to be used as a mount.
My second choice below is something I'm not crazy about. I think it may be too small. My moose quest has hit a goldilocks moment. If anyone out there can share a link to a moose that is juuusst right pls share it with me.
I'm super pumped for this project and find everyone's work in this forum inspiring.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 2,274

Asslessman

@24-cigarettes : Damn ! that's a pity it doesn't fit at all... is it too big for the scale you want or is it just too big to have a rider on top of it? Maybe you can use the head and convert something from a big horse or the wood elves deer? I'll have a look in toy stores around if I can dig something suitable.

Depending on you "native american" you can maybe change the rider you had in mind. I chose plastic parts for the legs of my knight to be able to adpat them perfectly to the Rooster knight, maybe depending on your rider you can use this trick too (though it's not lead, it's not cheating !)

Asslessman

The Inner Geek":2kgc8vcx said:
How big is too big? Moose are pretty large critters. Part of the charm of the Moose Knight would be the HUGE mount he rides...

Agreed, Mr Saturday's Marlwym riders prove the point, you don't necessarily need the rider to have both legs apart to "mount". However, this is very much to the modeller's discretion to determine is it's too huge or not for what he had in mind :grin:, Hope you guys find another way round this issue. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what comes out of this.

Hey guys I really appreciate everybody's interest in the canadian moose project. The moose I received from schleich is the size of a carnosaur; oops non oldhammer reference,uh let's just say it's bigger than a great spined dragon and call it at that.
My Google-fu is quite strong, however the only other plausible options I think are these:

Or possibly

I honestly haven't found anything in O-range model railroad or in 28mm. Of course the simple way out is one of these;

But it would require no conversion work and thus would be the easy way out and thus wouldn't be Oldhammer worthy.
Any help would be appreciated in finding a worthy moose.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 2,206
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 2,206
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 2,206
thanks everyone for the help iris really appreciated.
@ asslessman: I picked up that same alces alces at the local toy and hobby but he's a tad small. I had high hopes for this one
http://www.tapirback.com/tapirgal/gifts ... n-f386.htm
But again, too big. The one below looks promising, and may be just the right size:
http://www.tapirback.com/tapirgal/gifts ... c-f870.htm very much looking forward to seeing your rooster painted!
@ aitael that caribou(?) looks very good u may be swaying me!
Then again I live in Toronto, aka raccoon city....

Saw this little beggar at this toy shop as well. Don't worry I haven't gotten that desperate yet.
I'm making a final decision by Friday; if I haven't found EXACTLY what I'm looking for I may switch to a more ursus selection...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 2,108

Asslessman

OK, good you keep a high motivatin on this one, I have to say whatever you mount on a raccoon rocks.

[Sligh Off topic ON]
I rememeber being on a trip in a protected camp with the guide trying to prove to us the raccoon is the most insanely überawesomest animal of all time. He overdid it so well we nearly all believed him (until we heard about honey badger).
[Sligh Off topic OFF]

Anyway, Raccoon is very good too, only thing is you'll have to bend the kness so that you can actually mount someone on top, would you keep a naive on top of it or would you change the rider as well?

If the caribou is right-scaled, I might be tempted to build myslef a drune lord like Balor in Simon Bisley's Slaine... 8-)

Right, well I couldn't maintain until Friday, I've ordered the wee beastie from axe faction (and at a pretty f*cking penny too!) Special thanks to aitael for producing the link, Cheers!
@Asslessman; without further ado may I present the basis of mine own native son;

Now I have to do is convert him into a mounted version. If he turns out half as good as the rest of the work on this board I'll be quite pleased!
PS: I've never worked with green stuff. No biggie :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 2,097

Asslessman

That is a very nice rider to put on top ! If you need any advice as far as GS is concerned you shoul be able to find them here, mine who just be : don't try to do too much at once...
This rider on top of the racoon could really be something. I really like how wood elevs can mix in celtic origins and native americans
abit like in this picture form O.Ledroit :

0c96ca9e3fee1f7964e67ee3f3f668d6.jpg

Wow
I don't think I have the 80hrs I would need to finish off a job anywhere near as cool. Brings to mind a hard assed Wardancer.
Cheers for posting though I'm sure I'll draw some inspiration from it.
The main reason I chose that particular fig to use as a rider was the spear pose, I think it looks quite dynamic.
Just received him in the post today, now if only that pesky mount would arrive...

Asslessman

OK, I've had time to work on the giant rooster and I've been working on the feathers so far. May I add that the grey prime spray is absolutely greta for such a purpose.

R7WJOBdXJ_CKpEMLFgdvfUsWeQhIpzQ-kySar3lCJDMP=w383-h509-no

It's actually more advanced than that with the red parts and the beak done too but I couldn't take a picture of it so you'll have to trust me on this one. The knight is finished modelling with every option and goes to priming whenever I can.

lbAjRud5U2dtWqv7Ta8eFoVZVXAnLq8aXsWktO2oLLjw=w467-h509-no
qpa8dAuikpUWgL6Jqa-w98O-KQsJBcT98Kpf5qKCL86J=w379-h508-no
NdQIAwQuo3lkFeTXZLB7B3W4gDcSoVdSNDPpPAe1VYLc=w384-h509-no

Back