What about a nice group project? The knight project

Asslessman

Said it on th eblog but it looks fantastic. the green /yellow pattern is ine we miss these days and it works perfectly with the rider you chose. The combination seems to come directly out from some old Blanche illustration. Really glad this thread gets some attention and I hope it will provide some others the energy to finish thei project ;)

tp_1983

I'm quite tempted by this project, though really don't know what would fit Shropshire. The rustic halfling idea has already been taken. The county crest features three leopards so maybe them?

Oh and by the way, it is definatly the *Welsh* and sheep you need to worry about, I live only twenty or so miles from the border...

What do you call a sheep tied to a post in Wales?
A leisure centre.

Mister Rab

Asslessman":33mufxsf said:
Said it on th eblog but it looks fantastic. the green /yellow pattern is ine we miss these days and it works perfectly with the rider you chose. The combination seems to come directly out from some old Blanche illustration. Really glad this thread gets some attention and I hope it will provide some others the energy to finish thei project ;)

Blanche, eh? :shock: 8-) Now that's a compliment! :grin:

The assless one is right about the second bit, though, chaps - get sculpting and painting, we need more knights!

Mister Rab

Ok, the Blanche thing (thanks again, Asslessman) got me determined to do a proper shield. So, using Orlygg's tutorial, I finally plucked courage and didn't fall too far short of what I intended! Does anyone else get that? A vision of how a miniature is going to look, and then the whole painting of it becomes measured against that hope? Anyway, I digress.

I hereby claim completion of this challenge. Here is Sieur Cygnus le Fause:

2014-04-16+17.19.08.jpg

More on my blog, as per usual: http://geeklydigest.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/ugly-duckling-completed.html

Made some progress on the caribou knight

The fig is from Ax-Faction. It was a real pleasure to assemble, virtually no mold lines and the pieces lined up perfectly with no warping to speak of... Unlike anything I've received from FW.
The only screw up was on my part by snapping the tail's pin and so I had to fashion another.
The feet pinned into the base no problem at all. Based on this kit I would highly recommend Ax-Faction to anyone looking for a centrepiece hero for their army.
What do you think of the base? I'm pretty happy with it but I'm sure it will need some work after painting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 1,982
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 1,982

Asslessman

Base is superb so far, I can see a lot of potential in it. It really has what it needs to make a good "deep forest" setting. The mount is looking good too, Glad to see you finally found a good one ;).
Now get the rider on top, Iwant to see her get some love (calm down Chico, I mean paint).

Back