Some random pre-slotta miniatures

igirisujin

twisted moon":x4lg6x23 said:
they look great. i may have missed this, but what are they destined for?

They are my second crew in preparation for the first one being killed on the Space Hulk. I am liking these so much that I might run them in tandem, a race to scavenge the most from the ship.

igirisujin

This month I delved into my lead pile and decided to paint some ninjas. Not my best work, but they will do.

FuTj1YEaYAAqqyY

FuTj1kUaIAEC2MG

EricF

Administrator
Brilliant colours. So nice to see brightly painted Ninjas for a change. I've got a couple of those models in my pile and am now wondering now if I should make mine similar bright colours when I eventually get to them...

ManicMan

they look nice.. model wise, look like a mixture of japanese, chinese and indian. Shinobi (later referued to as Ninja due to chinese language mixing complex stuff) has a range of colours but artisical has been seen as just black.. but since they more often then not, were disgused as civillians and stuff, a range of colours is perfect. of course, even in japanese culture, they romantisice shinobi alot.. but i fine western stuff likes to more have them as superheroes ¬_¬;

anyway.. nice work on the figures

igirisujin

EricF":1au8p80b said:
Brilliant colours. So nice to see brightly painted Ninjas for a change. I've got a couple of those models in my pile and am now wondering now if I should make mine similar bright colours when I eventually get to them...

I couldn`t face painting a load of black figures, and with this colour scheme I can use them in WFB, Rogue trader, or in my Superhero rpg gaming. I say you should go for a bright colour scheme.

igirisujin

ManicMan":2249tnib said:
they look nice.. model wise, look like a mixture of japanese, chinese and indian. Shinobi (later referued to as Ninja due to chinese language mixing complex stuff) has a range of colours but artisical has been seen as just black.. but since they more often then not, were disgused as civillians and stuff, a range of colours is perfect. of course, even in japanese culture, they romantisice shinobi alot.. but i fine western stuff likes to more have them as superheroes ¬_¬;

anyway.. nice work on the figures

Growing up during the ninja craze in the 80s means my views of ninjas are definitely on the superhero side if things. I am lucky enough to have gone to the Iga-ryu ninja museum in Mie prefecture, for a museum it does buy into some of the romantic views of ninjas.

ManicMan

ohh nice, Never gonna be able to travel to japan or anything, but is someplace of interest. Being that Kawakami is the worlds last ninja, it's a very interesting place. unrelated but would love to go to the Tezuka musuem too.. big fan and annoied with the lack of english language releases of alot of his stuff (though it is changing over the last few years)

igirisujin

For my next round of painting I have actually painted some pre-slotta figures.
Here are some more of my Dwarves, I have hit the half way mark 25 left to complete the 50 odd I have.

FvsaFnWaYAEh2Dc

FvsaF2yaAAAt7hH

I also found a few moments to painttwo C46 villagers.

FvsaVtfacAEUa55

FvsaV35aAAEJcP7

looking at the last image i need to brush off the excess flock.

symphonicpoet

That group of dwarves is quite fun. Love the yellow and black on the shields. Brings them together nicely without being too uniform or distracting. (Allowing them to feel like characters.) Well done!

igirisujin

symphonicpoet":bn88k2x5 said:
That group of dwarves is quite fun. Love the yellow and black on the shields. Brings them together nicely without being too uniform or distracting. (Allowing them to feel like characters.) Well done!

Cheers. That was the look I was going for. I am trying to make my dwarves useful in both rpgs and wargaming without them looking to similar to each other.

igirisujin

A life elemental joins the death elemental I painted a while back. I struggled with the face, it is not perfect, but it looks fine from three foot.

FwsfqnoaYAAtfPo

igirisujin

Here are some more figures I finished today.

Hobb a bow man to join my mercenaries
Fw0RuqXacAIBItY

Fw0Ru6XaQAAERFy

A woodsman
Fw0RnAeaMAM2F7D

Fw0RnLNaUAINVaF

A Kelpie from Oakbound studios, a lovely figure that has sat in my lead mountain for too long.

Fw0R4XOacAEejRL

Fw0R4ssaMAIdXPN

inchmurrin

An eclectic and interesting selection, I'm not at all sure about the Kelpie as fitting my idea of what one looks like. However Fimm does have amuch better grasp of these things than me!

Back