Fimm's painted models

Sleepysod

Lovely choice of models. In terms of the plastics I still don’t understand why they went from the quality that they showed in the warhammer regiments box to the dirge monopose minis that were abundant during 4th edition. Kev’s metal goblins were about the only respite in terms of quality in terms of fantasy regiment figures during that period.

Fimm McCool

For the 2022/3 Odds and Sods challenge this month I painted some 'rank and file' barbarians:

IMG_0207.JPG

http://fimmmccools.blogspot.com/2022/09/barbaric-reinforcements.html

Mix of still available Ral Partha Europe Barbarian Empire, Alternative Armies and Chronopia figures.

Sleepysod

Very nice! Have you had a look at the new Warlord games Slaine models yet? I’d be interested but the scale seems off to me

Mophus

Fimm McCool":glmfop63 said:
Mophus":glmfop63 said:
I will use them as a reference for my card free Heroquest - thank you!

Don't forget to grab yourself some RPE rats and skulls, they really are the best!

Thanks for the hint! Actually I have made a silicon mold for the rats, to replace the ones with broken tails, but as I order occasionally Armalion miniatures at RPE, I will look out for the rats, the next time I place an order.

Loose Loser

May I just squeeze in here a little bit and also thank you for the hint on RPE Rats. Was looking for replacement for those of Warhammer Quest and those look fantastic.

Fimm McCool

Loose Loser":1w5wfm8e said:
May I just squeeze in here a little bit and also thank you for the hint on RPE Rats. Was looking for replacement for those of Warhammer Quest and those look fantastic.

You're welcome. I must have bought about a dozen bags of them over the years. They're great value and not insanely giant, which is what I look for in a giant rat!

Golgfag1

Nice job of painting those Fimm. 8-) Which reminds me I should get back to painting something for Orctober myself ;)

Paul / Golgfag1

Sleepysod

Those giaks are great, and I really like that big bugger in the middle of the first photo. Great pose for a mini and painting is top notch

Fimm McCool

Golgfag1":1fy3iw2g said:
Which reminds me I should get back to painting something for Orctober myself ;)
Paul / Golgfag1

I seem to recall you had a few orcs to be getting on with...

Sleepysod":1fy3iw2g said:
Those giaks are great, and I really like that big bugger in the middle of the first photo. Great pose for a mini and painting is top notch

Yeah I've had my eye on him for a while. He's outrageously easy to paint. Most of him is just drybrushed metal over a dark grey base!

Back