Fimm's painted models

Fimm McCool

The wood elves are the latest force finished. Many of these chaps you'll have seen before, but there are some new additions.

https://fimmmccools.blogspot.com/2023/04/pax-elfhammer.html

elf8.jpg

elf13.jpg

elf12.jpg

elf14.jpg

EricF

Administrator
Lovely work. The freehand on the bows and tops of the archers is very nice (and I like the horse's hair styles!). The bases really offset the models nicely - very much adds to the woodland feeling with the deadwood and undergrowth (I should try adding some branches to mine). Those eagles are very cool, nice work on the feathers.

Fimm McCool

Thanks. The eagles were so quick to paint. Like the Trish Morrison treeman I was expecting to spend hours doing little highlights, but actually all the texture was there in the model so a drybrush, couple of washes and some edge highlighting was all that was required. Absolute joy and a testament to the mantra that a good miniature paints itself.

Sleepysod

Ketil Trout":dcixoqlk said:
I really like the plastic archers, they look great with your painting. Lovely army.

For their age, in terms of plastics, the Warhammer Fantasy Regiments box set stands up particularly well. Plastics released shortly afterwards were strangely soulless, but these aren’t bad at all.

Ketil Trout

They’re better than not bad for me. I have units based on each of the sculpts except the skaven and think they are great rank and file options.

Sleepysod

Ketil Trout":j5wczqm0 said:
They’re better than not bad for me. I have units based on each of the sculpts except the skaven and think they are great rank and file options.

Indeed. I had the box set back when it was released with intention of splitting it up and selling to friends. I still ended up with most of them. I think the dwarfs were my personal favourite :)

Fimm McCool

It definitely feels like the plastics took a step backwards after this set. The drastik plastic ones are great too. I like many of the 4th ed plastics (not the wood elves) but they aren't as good as the regiments ones.

ManicMan

as much as i like the FR set... there is something to be said for the slighly more bulky AHQ and 4ed Skaven. the Hooded FR skaven head is nice but the unhooded can be a little... less fantastic compared with the metals.. a bit too smooth.. not bad but a bit too smooth

Back