[BOYL15 GAME] DEATHRACE 40,000 RULES UPDATE! CHAOS 'GIFTS'

Re: [BOYL15 GAME] DEATHRACE 40,000

It looked a little gumby when I mounter a rear turret, so I popped it on top for the full 360, but as stated before, self safety precautions might limit the arc.

The model now has a rear facing turret mounted flamer, twin miniguns mounted on the hood and a supercharger air intake central hood.

One driver and one co-driver - who prefers hanging out the side window shooting a lasgun.

Defence dropper bay soon to be added.

Photos tomorrow.

Coming along...

Needs a lot of paint yet.

Attachments

• IMAG0682.jpg
    IMAG0682.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 1,611
  • IMAG0684.jpg
    IMAG0684.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 1,611
  • IMAG0683.jpg
    IMAG0683.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 1,611

Asslessman

Very good vehicle Bluey !

I'll have to act like I'm not making it to play this game now... I am however still determined to finish my Chaos grav-attack at some point so anyone willing to be Kenickied (meaning to drive my ride in my place) please raise your hand.

Erny

Looking really good Bluey, I love the guy shooting out the passenger window. Funny how the designs of the far future look like the cars of the second half of the 20thC. :)

Do I get extra points if my entry actuallr drives Captain?

DSCN2583.JPG

I din't plan to make a RC Ork Truck it just began to happen:

http://ernysplace.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/death-race-40000-or-building-better-ork.html

It drives at good speed and I've jumped it off a ramp. Obviously for the game no real driving but it is so much fun. I just need to figure out how to get it shooting small ball bearings and I can play real time gorkamorka.

Niibl

The crew on foot is missing though. At least that shooting passenger is likely to fall out of the window on a nudge, isn't he?

@Erny
I think there might be some 20th century designs amongst the STC.
But RC designs are unlikely-still a brilliant idea though.
(please stop when your mind starts thinking about "Flamethrowers")

Yeah, Niibl, the co-driver could fall out, get shot, get squashed. He's a bit... 5 bullets short of a full mag.

Niibl

I could not resist.
I scapped all previous plans and started with a Cooper-style Twin-Mustang.
Atm I cant decide on how to proceed: Khornate Chaos cultist - Rogue Trader guard or Death Corps of Krieg.
(I want to stick to standard models so that it is easy to build foot-slogger versions of the crew. The captain made rules for running over pedestrians after all)
I ordered parts which will allow me to build all three, so I have time to decide.

The Baja Bug in the second picture is just a by-product. It started off as a car for Dark Future until I dug out my old DF stuff and found that it was far too large.
(Damn you Disney! Why did you chose such a useless scale?). I have some left-over Nurglings from building the palanquin so it will become a Nurgle-beetle now.

Die-cast models are damn hard to convert! I had to use my Dremel as an angle grinder and had to use safety goggles :geek:

Attachments

• Twin-Mustang-explode-WIP.jpg
    Twin-Mustang-explode-WIP.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,553
  • Groupshot-WIP.jpg
    Groupshot-WIP.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,553

Protist

Isn't the point in having a Dremmel to grind the crap out of things? Still, kudos for letting rip on those, looks like they're going to be great

Niibl

It surely is, but I am used to work with small diameter tools on pewter or plastic.
A 40mm disk on 2+mm steel while holding the model in your other hand was new.

Finally finished!

Bluey's Beast.

There's a whole heap more pics and story on the blog.
:razz:

Attachments

• DSC02383.JPG
    DSC02383.JPG
    215.8 KB · Views: 1,522
  • DSC02376.JPG
    DSC02376.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 1,522
  • DSC02382.JPG
    DSC02382.JPG
    218.7 KB · Views: 1,522

Niibl

A car should be in the 30ies or 40ies.
1/35; 1/43 or 1/48 - somewhere in this area with some heroic scale thrown in (bigger wheels, bigger guns)

Niibl

adlard.matthew":kmeg114r said:
30's or 40's era?????
Given that we are talking about Toy-cars to be kitbashed into SF-cars for 28mm heroic scale miniatures, there is no proper scale.
It should have a reasonable footprint for the game and should look in scale with the miniatures.
So with 40ies I meant anything in the range between 1/40 to 1/49 (if it is a large car) and 30ies 1/30 (if it is a small car) and 1/39. You will be hard pressed to find an 1/39 car in reality but some resin or paper model kits have really weird scales.
I have a 1/24 BMW Isetta I intent to convert as it is a tiny car in reality, But I have to build a completely new cockpit.
If you stick to those three standard scales I provided in the post above, your life will be easier.

Niibl's advice is sound. While a lot of model kits are not in the 'correct' scale of around 1:43ish, many toy cars are very close - with the added bonus of being cheap as well! One of my test cars is 1/35 and it's giant, but then so are all the other vehicles on the track so far, so it wont look too out of place. It's a bit of silly fun so I'd worry less about the scale and more about how many guns you can cram on there ;)

Within the week I'll be posting the overhauled rules for Deathrace. It won't effect your modelling choices as the equipment shouldn't change much in function, its more movement and interaction that is the issue. Thanks for your patience at this time!

Erny

So is the advice as many guns as possible? This I can do.

Erny":n1921hg5 said:
So is the advice as many guns as possible? This I can do.

One rule change will be when activating a weapon it will only have one 'charge' - you can fire it once before needing to roll over another activation plate. So with mulitiple systems you'll need to choose which to have 'on' at any given time. The choice will often be clear (someone behind you? Activate the rear machinegun ;) ).

Back