Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Hexagonal

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Paisley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

symphonicpoet

^It's only February! :grin: EpicSatsuma . . . you are truly epic! Well, if you folks want to keep mailing stuff to the United States even though I think I was the only US member last year my address hasn't changed. I'll at least do my best to take good(ish) pictures for everyone. But if someone else wants to play miniatures clearinghouse . . . Someone who's longitude is less than ninety degrees. ;)

(Is it weird that I know my current latitude and longitude off the top of my head?)

symphonicpoet

Say, Blue Zarzov, EpicSatsuma and company,

I like trying to drum up business for the forums over on Facebook, as I find the experience here to be generally easier to navigate and I want to keep this place active and lively. You mind if I snag your photos and post them there as a lure? I will properly attribute you using your handles here, of course. I posted a few of my own pics of last years crew in a last ditch effort to drum up latecomers. But I bet it will work better in February than November.

epicsatsuma

symphonicpoet":upwcmjqf said:
Say, Blue Zarzov, EpicSatsuma and company,

I like trying to drum up business for the forums over on Facebook, as I find the experience here to be generally easier to navigate and I want to keep this place active and lively. You mind if I snag your photos and post them there as a lure? I will properly attribute you using your handles here, of course. I posted a few of my own pics of last years crew in a last ditch effort to drum up latecomers. But I bet it will work better in February than November.
Missed this, sorry - but yes! Feel free to post anything you like of mine :)

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

epicsatsuma

Bluey Zarzov":t6i50s0r said:
Updated photo as the first was terrible.

Ready to send.
The eye on the zombie!

They're looking great.. I mean...disgusting...!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Seems that the Plaguebearer had a nurgling pet that he gave to a cultist. The nurgling infected him with Nurgles Rot and he is now slowly becoming a plaguebearer himself, after first rotting away in the form of a plague zombie, after which he will reform, both in mind and body to serve Nurgle as one of his true children. (It's a family story after all.)

Now 'scuse me while I contain the urge to vomit over how revolting that would actually be.

symphonicpoet

^Well, I think we can all agree that plagues are, in fact, revolting. Even plagues spread lovingly in family stories. Maybe especially.

That said, holy cow that eye is swee . . . er . . . revolting! Brilliantly revolting. Well painted!

Sleepysod

Here’s my wip .

Still need to do some detail and do his shield, but you get the idea... hopefully he’s what was anticipated

inchmurrin

This is my offering a C18 Zombie Skewswee photo in my new led photo booth. And now following advice from kind members another try.

1094172006_o.jpg

1094172005_o.jpg

Seems to be better, what do people think of these? Thinks better pictures show up the quality of the painting :oops: :oops:

Loose Loser

Your camera picked up background as point I think. Need more light that's for sure. If you can't set up stronger light than try to move Zombie closer to source. I got plenty of trouble taking photos so I'm not that sure.

symphonicpoet

^I used to have that problem all the time with a camera that had no manual focus. Either I had to make sure there was nothing except the subject in the center of the frame, or the subject was in the same plane of focus as whatever the camera keyed in on. (Usually background details, so a flat composition, where the subject is against the background, might do the trick.)

inchmurrin

symphonicpoet":97zmdrk8 said:
^I used to have that problem all the time with a camera that had no manual focus. Either I had to make sure there was nothing except the subject in the center of the frame, or the subject was in the same plane of focus as whatever the camera keyed in on. (Usually background details, so a flat composition, where the subject is against the background, might do the trick.)

Thanks for the advice you may be right my camera doesn't have manual focus. I think I'll resort to natural light against a white background.

symphonicpoet

^Actually, lighting wise you might be better served by having a fill light. I usually shoot miniatures under a general wash from some fluorescent tubes (tacky I know) and hit them with some fill light from a clip light I hold near the camera, but off angle slightly to one side and above, generally. That way you get some shadows, but generally good light on the details in the front. And none of the shadows are too harsh, thanks to the overall wash. It's a bit artificial but that's not too far from how theatrical lighting works. (Where you generally have wash lighting from the top, front, and sides in contrasting but complimentary colors to create some shadows so your actors don't look flat, even though you do generally want them well lit and quite visible.)

inchmurrin

symphonicpoet":33dvu6xn said:
^Actually, lighting wise you might be better served by having a fill light. I usually shoot miniatures under a general wash from some fluorescent tubes (tacky I know) and hit them with some fill light from a clip light I hold near the camera, but off angle slightly to one side and above, generally. That way you get some shadows, but generally good light on the details in the front. And none of the shadows are too harsh, thanks to the overall wash. It's a bit artificial but that's not too far from how theatrical lighting works. (Where you generally have wash lighting from the top, front, and sides in contrasting but complimentary colors to create some shadows so your actors don't look flat, even though you do generally want them well lit and quite visible.)

I'll give that a try I have a couple of spots I can add to the mix.

Plaiecivile

Oh boy, I just remembered I had signed in on this one...
Feels like university lab projects :lol:

Let's get this back on track!

symphonicpoet

We've all gotten a tad distracted on this, I think. I do have one submission in hand, and there's still time. I accept submissions until the end of the year. I'll go ahead and put this in the top post, but . . .

David Ackerman
925 Wilmington Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63111
USA

Back