The Age of the Imperium

JonAtron

This thread, the models and paint jobs are what I'm here for. That yellow and paint style looks perfect on them, really shows the model and character. More please.

EricF

Administrator
Thanks. Other than my glacial painting rate getting in the way I do have the a few more Imperial Fists painted up (for some time) waiting on being photographed. Remarkably this year I'm off to a decent start on the mini painting front having almost done 20 models so far! I'll try to get the rest of the marines up this week!

Orjetax

Lovely, lovely yellow. I’m drawn to the boring machine too, which looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricF

Administrator
Thank you all for the kind comments. Camera came out today and I snapped a few pictures. First up we have the first of my finished Squat Bikes. All that time painting seat cushions lost under the bottoms of Squats...

squat-bikers-01.jpg

Plenty more to go! (which is nice!). I quite like how the replacement lamp (far left) came out in the end. I probably need to come and dirty down the wheels a little on this lot at some point, but I might do that when they are all finished. For now they can be fresh out of the showroom. (and just ignore that stray moldline that I see now the model is painted, and based!)

Old Hob

Bloomin' marvelous. The visors are especially nice.

I loved the squat biker minis as a kid. Steering those hogs one handed while shooting a laser gun must take some doing, mind.

EricF

Administrator
Thanks. The visors are silver with a blue ink over the top, with a bit of an attempt to get it to pool more on one side.

symphonicpoet

Oh, well done! I need to get back to my squat army. I've got a bunch of bikes of my own that need painting up, and another couple of squads of troopers. I need to take this as inspiration to get off my own duff. Glorious! Old hob is right. The visors look great. And the wheels are always a pain for mold lines. I feel your pain there. (Scraped mold lines off more than a few miniatures after painting them, and I have vague memories suggesting those wheels might be among the more egregious cases.) Anyway, well done! Well well done! :)

EricF

Administrator
Thank you.

Well more bikes come roaring into view, but marines this time. I'd previously photographed these, but the images were a bit meh so I retook the shots the other day along with a few other models.

A Techmarine on a bike:

marine-bike-01.jpg

marine-bike-02.jpg

A Chaplain and his gunner on bike and sidecar:

marine-bike-sidecar-01.jpg

marine-bike-sidecar-02.jpg

I think I might revisit them and add some mud and muck to the bottoms of the bikes, it worked well on my Rhinos and would probably ground these a little bit more into the "real world". Always interesting taking a proper second look (and groaning at a moldline) at models and re-evaluating what should be tweaked or revisited.

EricF

Administrator
Thank you for the nice comments. Now who is going to hold the line against all those nasty Imperial Marines?

Waaargghhh

gretchin.jpg

Well of course the Orks would send the Gretchin in first! (It's not that I've not painted any Space Orks yet! ...)

Finished these up the other day, one of those random unplanned pieces of painting. I happened across them in my lead pile and suddenly fancied painting them. I've got some chipping to add to the wrench, but otherwise they are ready for the first fight over some 40K 3rd edition ruins.

Sleepysod

Big fan of the metal gretchin minis from 1st and 2nd edition (peak kev Adams, lots of humour, with a little bit of menace still, and all solid metal, non of this half metal/plastic arms minis). nice to see them showcased here.

Back