Skaven

Geroak II

Recent additions are looking great. Love that plague monk and your execution of those scribbles on the scroll, really fine work.
When it comes to fur colours; yeah, lore is one thing but I'd just go with what is fun to paint. If/when I get to paint my skavens I'm not going to stick with browns for ordinary ones just 'cause grey, white and black are reserved for some others.

dazza36

Weekend work some StormVermin. Decided to go for black fur and also decided to paint some or all armour red to try and give them a slight uniform feel to set them apart from the normal rabble.

skaven30.jpg

skaven31.jpg

Also whilst watching some Olympics I based up all the slaves I have (still need more)
skaven32.jpg

ManicMan

funny, I've been starting to work on my Stormvermin unit, which includes two of the same models as you (not that there is a huge choice of course).. well.. includes 4 of one of them due to a recent purchase.

EricF

Administrator
Good to see those storm vermin painted up "ghost style" - so many of my armies were like that back in the day ;)

Seriously however, more lovely work. I'm a big fan of the rust on the weapons, that really grounds the models. Lovely paint jobs on everything and I'm a sucker for leaves on bases. I do love a consistent basing style across an army to keep them all cohesive. Now wishing I had a huge skaven army rather than the half dozen models I own!

dazza36

Good to see those storm vermin painted up "ghost style" - so many of my armies were like that back in the day ;)

Seriously however, more lovely work. I'm a big fan of the rust on the weapons, that really grounds the models. Lovely paint jobs on everything and I'm a sucker for leaves on bases. I do love a consistent basing style across an army to keep them all cohesive. Now wishing I had a huge skaven army rather than the half dozen models I own!
The undercoat is so when the inspiration takes me I can just crack on with painting. I also wish I had a huge skaven army especially with the prices I have to pay on Ebay !!

So painted up a few more and decided on painting the champion as an albino to make him stand out from the rest of them. Also decided on giving them all the same shield design to help tie them together as befits their elite status.

skaven34.jpg

skaven35.jpg

Shields
skaven36.jpg

dazza36

So finished off the banners I've been working on and happy with the finished results. To get back into the skaven painting I went with a ratorge as they are so easy to paint, basically fur and a loincloth ! This one was missing his weapon but I had a nice replacement from an orc I think.

skaven39.jpg

skaven40.jpg

skaven38.jpg

ManicMan

yep, the Sword works fine ^_^ Skarr had a bit more armour on him and no weapon, but still pretty much as simple as Shiuk here.

While I like these, apart from too little fur, I have something of a likeness for some of the Michael Perry ones.

Orjetax

Great progress, and massed ranks of such nicely painted models are always a pleasure to see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazza36

Finished my first unit, 20 Stormvermin ready for battle. I say Stormvermin they might end up as Black Skaven as I'm close to having enough models for another version which I would probably paint as albino. Really have enjoyed painting these up and always love seeing a complete finished unit. I'm really happy with the red armour and shield design as I think it helps create that elite look.

skaven44.jpg

skaven45.jpg

Lovely unit. Got to admire anyone doing a horde army. Particularly one using OOP figures painted to that standard. More power to, and Ralgex for, your elbow.

Back