Orctober 2024

EricF

Administrator
The extreme texture on those Black Orcs is what has put me off painting my unit for some time - too intimidated - they are at least primed and ready- although given that was some decades ago and I was even worse at mold line removal then I should probably take a second look!

The extreme texture on those Black Orcs is what has put me off painting my unit for some time - too intimidated - they are at least primed and ready- although given that was some decades ago and I was even worse at mold line removal then I should probably take a second look!
Actually amazed at the total lack of mold line on the Black Orc! The only visible line followed the symmetry of the axe. I think the texture will actually make it sympathetic to washes and dry brushing.
The D&D Monster Set orc has some slip on the head and arm that has only come to light now…
The Ral Patha sculpt is super crisp for such an old model!

Actually amazed at the total lack of mold line on the Black Orc! The only visible line followed the symmetry of the axe. I think the texture will actually make it sympathetic to washes and dry brushing.
The D&D Monster Set orc has some slip on the head and arm that has only come to light now…
The Ral Patha sculpt is super crisp for such an old model!
Urrmm some progress…

Attachments

• IMG_0234.jpeg
    IMG_0234.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 15
I am a bit late to the party this year, so only one Orc in Orctober this time. I picked an Orc Champion from my lead pile (more middle- than oldhammer), a suitable shield (that had been destined for a Nurgle model in the past but never finished...?) and a metal base from Products for Wargamers.

I cleaned the mold lines, cut down the bottom tab a bit, and glued the model to the base with super glue and bicarb.

First step was to brush on a grey Vallejo primer.

PXL_20241015_193143991-w960.jpg

view full sized image [4032x2268]

I first painted the skin, followed by the red armour, and started to basecoat all metal parts in paynes grey.

Back