'ere we go!

EricF

Administrator
Right ho, time for a space for my orcs, probably just those with a c, those with a k can go over on my The Age of the Imperium thread.

Well I used to collect orcs and goblins back in the day and had quite a substantial 4th edition army. My brother has the majority of it. Anyhow he recently sent me my old Marauder Boar Boyz (and black orcs). I'd painted one of the Boar and started a couple of others, but they were ripe for a fresh start. So after some soaking (old Citadel Chaos Black spray proved difficult to shift) and much scrubbing I had some nice clean boar again, the same treatment for the riders. This time round I actually bothered cleaning up the mold lines, on the orcs (I forgot about the boar). I've painted the boar first and finished those a week or two back, but hadn't found time to take photos. The riders have just been finished (today) except for shields (which I need to go and rummage for). Yes now with the wisdom of years I actually painted the two pieces separately to make my life easier!

So you can have the bottom half the unit now...

boars-01.jpg

"Hey fellas have we forgotten something?"

Couple more pics (sorry about the depth of field on that right hand one):

boars-012.jpg
boars-013.jpg

The boar were nice and quick to paint, primed in Vallejo browns and then some dry brushing and glazes for the ears and snouts. tusks and trotters picked out and various bits and pieces on the bases to make them a little more individual. Colour temperature wise they are somewhere slightly between the two photos. Alas it's a dull day here and I don't have my lights with me for the camera so lighting is a little substandard.

Riders next, probably without shields for now.

EricF

Administrator
Thank you for the kind comments.

Right this time my poor boars have remembered their riders! I've dug out a few shields and will hopefully paint those at some point over Christmas.

boar-boyz-without-shields.jpg

boar-boyz-without-shields-02.jpg

Pacific

Very nice work! Think the colours go well with the miniature range.

Like the effort made with the basing too.

I had a few of those way back. Gave them to a friend who was playing Orcs and Goblins. No idea if he still has them as we stopped playing WFB a decade ago. Nicely done there EricF.

CB

EricF

Administrator
Thank you for all the nice words about my dear old boar. I've still not actually glued my painted shields in place, but at least they are ready! Anyhow I actually got the brushes out over the last day or two and just about finished up some WIP from ages back. These are the crew of the Rotting Octopus. Very much not oldhammer, but perhaps in the spirit of oldhammer?

rotting_crew_0376.jpg

There is a little bit of finishing up to do on them. I need to carve a new sword for one - that disappeared somewhere on the floor when I last had them out for painting! Overall fairly happy with them, certainly enough to put down the brushes and call it job done! I should probably take another photo since the backdrop on this one is very busy - I was photographing terrain and suddenly thought since these were about done I should take a quick snap.

EricF

Administrator
twisted moon":3plmw2pk said:
they look great, and fit in to oldhammer in my book.
are they macrocosm?
Thanks. They are Kromlech sculpts. I keep wondering about getting some dwarves from Macrocosm, not that the lead pile really needs to be enlarged!

twisted moon

i haven't paid much attention to kromlech as i've always dismissed their sculpts as too cartoony for my tastes. the way you've painted these may have changed my mind.

symphonicpoet

They seem solidly in the spirit if you asked me. Which makes them oldhammer. (Even if not old Citadel.) Gotta love some goblin pirates! :)

epicsatsuma

EricF":1zhdiqas said:
Thank you for all the nice words about my dear old boar. I've still not actually glued my painted shields in place, but at least they are ready! Anyhow I actually got the brushes out over the last day or two and just about finished up some WIP from ages back. These are the crew of the Rotting Octopus. Very much not oldhammer, but perhaps in the spirit of oldhammer?

rotting_crew_0376.jpg

There is a little bit of finishing up to do on them. I need to carve a new sword for one - that disappeared somewhere on the floor when I last had them out for painting! Overall fairly happy with them, certainly enough to put down the brushes and call it job done! I should probably take another photo since the backdrop on this one is very busy - I was photographing terrain and suddenly thought since these were about done I should take a quick snap.
These look awesome!

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

EricF

Administrator
Thank you all for such lovely comments. I keep meaning to dig out the little launch model I have and do a better photo of them. I think I might have a few Kromlech Gretchin nurses as well somewhere although if I do get round to painting some orky 40k I doubt they will compare to the awesome paint jobs of the ones over on epicsatsuma's thread.

epicsatsuma

Thank you! Mind you - the grass is always greener and all that. I am envious of your skills also!

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

EricF

Administrator
Alas my "sea mat" is packed away and the t-shirt I thought would be blue enough has ended up a bit washed out, still I thought you might like our little pirate friends in action!
rotting_crew_at_sea.jpg

I've one more little ship tucked away somewhere that actually has a mast, but I got these two for part of a planned harbour board that has yet to materialise. Still a totally justified purchase because I could use now them for this photo!

Back