• You are 100% responsible for your own trades.

Please note that from time to time scammers do post replies asking you to phone them because they have whatever you are after.

Please remember to read the stickied posts with advice and trade feedback.

Wanted: RT204/206 Bits - Ork Dreadnought Parts

ManicMan

Okay.. this is a bit different cause.. ugh, when I do see a part, it's bloody pricey, but years and years ago (gonna say.. late 90s) I was given a Rogue Trader Ork Dreadnought with expansion parts.. or more, SOME parts.. I have the RT204 Bottom, Top, Lid and a Stub arm (I thought I had two but can only find the one right now) along with the Short Legs from the 206 Expansion and the Middle section.

I can easily deal with the Banner Pole and probebly the currently missing stub arm but I knew at the time, I never had any weapons. I do have a plastic Ork Plasma Gun from.. I don't know when.. early plastic and it's a pretty good fit in one of the stubbys but ideally, I'm looking for a pair of Power claws and another heavy weapon (don't really care too much which).

But like I said, I've seen some of the prices.. yikes.. not interested enough I think.. however, I'm more wandering if anyone know any 'like' parts.. I've looked at some modern 'classic' miniature sellers for parts which are close enough that I can either mod them or just attach them but I haven't had much luck. Anyone know any?

EricF

Administrator
I've got a few bits and pieces of various generations of Ork dreads, I've been meaning to have a proper look at the pile to see what I actually have and what is spare! So there might be some bits you can use, I'll try to have a look later this week for you.

EricF

Administrator
After a rummage I don't have many of the older bits - just one of the ring body sections and a little stubby arm mount. The other bits are later "killer can" pieces so not sure they are of much use to you. Going spare is a body and a bit of leg and an engine mount, although I couldn't say quite which generation of can they are from.

ManicMan

a bit more then I wanted to pay but not as high as they sometimes seam to go (in fact, bloody cheap compared to some parts) but I got a laser cannon and a somewhat complete dreadnought which has the long legs, bottom, middle, top, pilot, two gun nubs, heavy plasma gun, a weapon i can't quite id.. looks like a laser but bits are wrong and there is a drum on it.. and two claws (one straight, one bent). Just missing the banner pole and lid on that one. but either way, that's bits to get mine all done. I've already made a custom banner pole. If I could bash up my own claw arms, I would have two of them now ^_^ but not sure..

funny, I've seen one of the body sections go for about half the price I paid for the whole thing..

on a side note.. anyone know who sculpted the ... well, It's meant to be a gretchin pilot as they are the ones wired into the dreadnought, but it was listed in the catalogues as 'Ork Pilot'.... before being rename as the correct gretchin pilot it's just... I really don't like that sculpt.. Don't know why it's just.. I don't..

ManicMan

thanks but.. like I said, don't really like that pilot so not that interested. Really need to get back to painting the thing though

EricF

Administrator
I might have some 3D prints of some bits from a fan sculpt I bought some years back. I don't remember doing anything with it (and I rarely throw stuff out) because my own collection of random metal dread bits ended up complete enough present to build the full dread. I'll see if I can find the bits and if they match the size and will work. You're more than welcome to them if they'd do the job. Might take me a bit of rummaging!

Macmod1

I might have some 3D prints of some bits from a fan sculpt I bought some years back. I don't remember doing anything with it (and I rarely throw stuff out) because my own collection of random metal dread bits ended up complete enough present to build the full dread. I'll see if I can find the bits and if they match the size and will work. You're more than welcome to them if they'd do the job. Might take me a bit of rummaging!
Thank you

EricF

Administrator
Well that was good timing, I found them this afternoon and got my own dread out for comparison. They are larger (maybe the creator scaled it more for modern orbs), I expect I then managed to get/find the originals I was missing and never went back to print the weapons for it and never tried reprinting it scaled down.

stl-dread-2.jpgstl-dread-1.jpg

Given the arm/leg nubs are larger I suspect they are of limited use as replacements, but there are the photos for what it's worth!
Although if I were printing them again now I'd probably rest-port that pelvis section looks a right mess where all the supports were (should have had the supports on the top so it was cleaner).

Probably not going to do the job alas - certainly not much better than just scratch building a mid section - which if you can get a piece of tube about the right diameter wouldn't be too hard come to think of it.

Macmod1

Well that was good timing, I found them this afternoon and got my own dread out for comparison. They are larger (maybe the creator scaled it more for modern orbs), I expect I then managed to get/find the originals I was missing and never went back to print the weapons for it and never tried reprinting it scaled down.

View attachment 11080View attachment 11081

Given the arm/leg nubs are larger I suspect they are of limited use as replacements, but there are the photos for what it's worth!
Although if I were printing them again now I'd probably rest-port that pelvis section looks a right mess where all the supports were (should have had the supports on the top so it was cleaner).

Probably not going to do the job alas - certainly not much better than just scratch building a mid section - which if you can get a piece of tube about the right diameter wouldn't be too hard come to think of it.
Yes it probably wouldn’t be too hard to sculpt some gubbins on a piece of tube. Thank you anyway

Back