Tilea IC2401 (Campaign#8)

Padre

A story set in a nice, sunny, Reman palazzo. Tilea's Troubles Part 97 ...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

symphonicpoet

I remember that one! :) It felt pretty ominous at the time, but I'd lost track of the whom, what, when, and where by the time the rats actually arrived in force. Will try to pay better attention this time. :)

Padre

Here they make plans. Tilea's Troubles, Part 98, sees the Grey Seer Lord Urlak receiving an intriguing offer of further aid in his upcoming war!

Padre

Part 99 of Tilea's Troubles properly introduces the new Skaven terror weapon, the Doom Bombard.

Padre

Spooky is good, yeah? (In a fantasy campaign.)

I got to episode 100! Huzzah. Although, there are loads more videos (and battles) yet to come ...

Padre

Special video 7 contains wargaming notes for the campaign in general and the next battle in particular ...

Padre

First half of a new battle report, part 102 of our Tilean campaign, is up. Seer Lord Urlak's skaven attempt to take Ravola from Perette and her Brabanzon boys. (There are some very old figures in and amongst here, including historicals I had in 1984.)

Padre

The conclusion to a bat rep, being part 103 of Tilea's Troubles, which has a good few 'oldhammer' models in and amongst a whole range of figures. See ...

Padre

These are the deployment pictures from yesterday's practise WFB 8th Ed battle for my newbie 13 year old son who is thinking about joining our campaign as the halfling regent of Verezzo, Barone Iacopo Brunetti. His army (currently an NPC force) contains both men and halflings. He needs to learn the rules, and get used to his army.

fDZpD1E.jpg

We learned that the Verezzan haflings are great archers, but very poor fighters. Luckily he had over 70 halfling archers!

M4BnyOz.jpg

The practise enemy is an old iteration of the Tilean mercenaries known as the Compagnia del Sole. Tough hombres!

r3YMo5D.jpg

Here my boy's rangers were acting as scouts, led by the infamous brigand-turned-loyal-soldier Roberto Cappucio, aka the Pettirosso.

jVsUISl.jpg

Orjetax

Great. Nice to see a parent-child game. It’s fun when they develop curiosity or interest in our hobbies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ManicMan

nice to see him learning.. Don't have kids myself and not really a fan of them over all, but If you got them, might as well teach them good stuff.. even 8Ed ^_^;

Padre

He is the best of lads. Good natured, happy, bright and interested in stuff. He also has some experience of wargame style campaigns with his computer gaming. Him and his 13 year friends love their Warhammer FRP campaign set in Tilea a few years before my wargames campaign started, but I am not sure that his friends would contribute well to the wargames campaign. My lad is most likely going to prove a valuable player, although I am worried his PC might be defeated and even killed fairly quickly, which would be a rubbish experience for him - thus the practise games. The other players won't be playing to lose!!!

Padre

Tilea's Troubles Part 104 is a prequel to a battle report. The battles are coming thick and fast just now, which is a good thing, unless one is a 28mm tall lead soldier, in which case it is a worrying thing!

symphonicpoet

Practice sounds important in that situation. Pettiroso and the halflings are a fun sounding bunch. I've always enjoyed them in the story. (I have a soft spot for the short folks. Like my wi . . . erm . . . excuse me. What was I saying?) Oh yes. Best luck! I pray that he will do better than I would under similar circumstances. (He has a great teacher, by all appearances.)

Back