• Hello Guest and welcome to the Oldhammer forum. A few features such as conversations/private messages are restricted until you've been here and posted a few time, so why not make a start and introduce yourself!

The Citadel Giant by Harry

Skarsnik

Harry":2dllqges said:
I know some folks thought I was bonkers for taking on a painting job for someone else without payment.
But I would just like to thank Skarsnick for the chance to paint this.
I am pretty sure I will never be able to afford to own one myself but it has been a real treat to have one knocking around my house for a few weeks and to have the opportunity to paint one. (especially given that I am not the best painter around) so thanks for letting me have a crack at this bad boy. It has been a treat.

I Should be thanking you, not the other way around. But you are very welcome. If you ever feel like painting another one just let me know :grin:

Also, I thought I'd remind you about that MM62 citizen ;)

Zhu Bajie

vs7s.jpg

<<FROTH>>

really top job.

Willmark

Holy Hell that thing is HUUUUGGGGGGEEEEEEE!

Great paint job, love seeing all the old time minis on the site.

G.2

Oh wow! He looks impressive. I have nor really seen one of these giants before.

update: I have seen this giant before, but he had a different head. I realise now, this Giant comes with a few head options.

Mikethebike

Impressive "miniature". I prefer the troll head with the big nose cause he looks like something out of a nightmare or a painting by John Bauer.

Imagine if someone could make a 3d-print, I´d buy it at once. And why not a 3d print of the classic Imperial "Chicken" dragon at the same time....
8-)

Skarsnik

Mikethebike":1zgdnezc said:
Impressive "miniature". I prefer the troll head with the big nose cause he looks like something out of a nightmare or a painting by John Bauer.

Imagine if someone could make a 3d-print, I´d buy it at once. And why not a 3d print of the classic Imperial "Chicken" dragon at the same time....
8-)

Because it's illegal. That's why not.

Mikethebike

Skarsnik & Old Lead":fawwwvz6 said:
Mikethebike":fawwwvz6 said:

8-)

Yes it´s illegal. As is downloading music and movies from piratebay, people do it nevertheless. Without shame.

If GW would decide to produce this giant again I would gladly pay for it.

Skarsnik

Mikethebike":ew5bucj1 said:
Skarsnik & Old Lead":ew5bucj1 said:
Mikethebike":ew5bucj1 said:

8-)

Yes it´s illegal. As is downloading music and movies from piratebay, people do it nevertheless. Without shame.

If GW would decide to produce this giant again I would gladly pay for it.

In that case, when you get a Citadel Giant you can flood the market with cheap knock offs. Without shame.

As for me? I won't be making any counterfeit copies.

ardyer

Why dint we discuss the pros and cons of copyright infringement in the copyright thread and leave this one to Harry's giant? ;)

Gee, some people really do like mentioning the "flooding the market" concern around here don't they? Like it's a real & legitimate possibility.

Think it might have more to do with them feeling defensive about the crazy prices they paid for these minis, rather than defending copyright issues?

Back