Skavtember

So only the last 2 painted this month but is a complete unit to add to the army

skaven114.jpg
We have a basically similar colour scheme for Gnawdoom! That’s just spooky.
 
Finally got something vaguely skavenesque out of the door.

This month has been a bit of a struggle. For a start I got derailed by the chance acquisition of a load of 6mm epic miniatures at a bargain price. Then I was mostly frantically bolting bits to my 70 year Landrover project in advance of our upcoming house move. I did look online for Skaven but really struggled to find anything I really wanted to paint. Don't get me wrong I like Skaven, but for some reason they passed me by back in the day (when did they promote them in White Dwarf?). I think I got my 'furry' fix from Beastmen and Minotaurs instead.

Anyho apart from the Advanced Heroquest minis, I was Skavenless, but then I chanced upon this miniature which has sat unloved and unpainted in my collection since 1990ish or thereabouts. He obviously came in a blister pack but most of his compadres have disappeared or he's eaten them. Apparently sculpted by Nick Bibby, who also did the awesome snakemen I haven't got round to painting yet.

IMG_4084.jpg

A brilliantly sculpted and surprisingly large miniature (I had to use a cavalry base). Never had a giant rat before and I'm very pleased with him.
 
Duuude, that's a rat infestation! And totally rad.

thank you.

good to see more people making offerings to the horned rat.

They are of course taken from amongst the original c46 chaos ratmen.

still the best.

They like pointing a lot, Skaven.

one day we'll have inherited all of this.

... a complete unit to add to the army

always a satisfying moment.
 
taken too long.. Working on a Clan Rat unit which is going to be mostly these 4ed plastic clan rats:
DSCF3241.JPG
these are based on the colour scheme from the second edition combat cards (I do have one painted better to be more a copy but I haven't figured out the basing for him yet) I'll then do batches of different schemes to mix them up.
 
I've been in and out the hospital for the last week so no painting and no chance of getting a lead skaven painted for this challenge (I gave my skavens to my friends kids years ago).

But I'll link this, just in case you fancy see how I'll paint them (I hereby pledge to paint the guy in the rear cover of 4th ed bestiary, when I found one).
can't help ya.. I got the figure, and he doesn't really fit in with my Poison wind unit but I only have one so he'll be painted up at some point.
 
So only the last 2 painted this month but is a complete unit to add to the army

skaven114.jpg
It would be really interesting to see how a unit of globadiers gets on. Quite a high risk of gassing each other with deviating throws...do the masks help at all?

I had a few copies of the same one you have multiples of and tried a simple conversion:
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260923_090625_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20260923_090625_Chrome.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 4
these are based on the colour scheme from the second edition combat cards

skaven who want to be seen.

I've been in and out the hospital for the last week ...

hope you're better now.

Made a little progress.

look forward to seeing them complete.

Here is my Skavetember effort and how it fits with his older brothers.

nice work on all of them.

here are my latest; a (small) unit of slingers:

Skaven slings1a.jpg

i've had a couple of them for several (perhaps even, many) years and added the other three recently to get some use out of them.

Skaven slings1b.jpg

perhaps i'll expand the unit to ten one day.
 
One of our cats (Hinata) has really entered into the spirit of Skavtember by 'treating' us to a freshly slain rat left on the back doorstep or in the front room nearly every night this week. One of them was nearly as big as she is.
 
One of our cats (Hinata) has really entered into the spirit of Skavtember by 'treating' us to a freshly slain rat left on the back doorstep or in the front room nearly every night this week. One of them was nearly as big as she is.
Hah! Loads of cats around here but too well fed and no instinct! Wife saw a large one 'drop off' our bird table last night. This time of year when either last hurrah bbq left sausages attracts them to the estate, or flooded out & off the nearby farms (usual after heavy rain). 🐀 🐀 🐀 Or maybe it was that strange green meteorite that fell from Morrslieb?
 
Back
Top