Orks, Orks and moar Orks (moar new Orks go to p. Eleven!)

Thanks! The plan is to do 150 minis total; not a proper horde maybe but i'd be thrilled to actually see it done.
Not a lot to be done still, seven Evil Sunz, two Deathskulls, three stragglers from the Goff / Badmoon lot and a niece wacky finisher to tie it all together. 137 done, 13 to go. Confident I can pull it off this year.

And Roadwarrior looks right at home amongst the boyz!
 
I see your point but in my book a proper horde also has to have a unit of their most common ordinary jarhead at least 30-40 strong. My largest mob has 20 boyz and 5 skarboyz. Also, hordes should look very uniform, I think. I prefer the 'the circus is in town' whacky one of each - look.
 
Ah, I get your take on horde. Without breaking out the books, clans were the uniform, families were units, and a tribe was what you put on the table. But that was the '90s and it was different before & after.
 
In RT, clans aren't just the uniform and the unit, they're also providing clan-specific oddboys which are required for vehicles, artillery and dreadnoughts. That part of the army (unit + support/command) is a 'household'. The Warlord's household is special since its unit must be twice the size of any other unit, he must have a bodyguard of elite orcs (Nobz) and can have not just one but all the oddboyz and their fun toys. His household is so large that it splits into a retinue and a bigmob.
Dunno about tribe, my own term for my orks would be 'warhorde', which is the bigger version of a modern free-for-all warband, yet I keep to households and bossclan recs and specs throughout. Nah pop no style.
 
Last edited:
Very nice collection of greenskin goodness! And of course you have the Renegade Mek I'm missing. What's the weapon you put on the Goff Nob with the power claw?
 
Very nice collection of greenskin goodness! And of course you have the Renegade Mek I'm missing. What's the weapon you put on the Goff Nob with the power claw?
Thanks! That is a home made kombi-weapon.

Two ork bolters shaved down to fit side by side & an axe attachment. There are binoculars glued on top because a double-barrelled gun obviously needs two gun sights. That's proper orky know-wotz.
 
Back
Top