Orks, Orks and moar Orks (moar new Orks go to p. Eleven!)

When it comes to the exercise of 'how many orks can I possibly field for x points', Madboyz are the answer, as they're only 5pts. a pop and can be fielded in unlimited numbers (again skipping the pesky bigmob size cap) as Deathskulls. They also will be utterly out of your control about half of the game. If you want units you can actually control, WIldboyz are the answer and Snakebites can field them in unlimited numbers. If a unit's size exceeds 21, they actually become cheaper than madboyz - still no gun and no save though.
 
When it comes to the exercise of 'how many orks can I possibly field for x points', Madboyz are the answer, as they're only 5pts. a pop and can be fielded in unlimited numbers (again skipping the pesky bigmob size cap) as Deathskulls. They also will be utterly out of your control about half of the game. If you want units you can actually control, WIldboyz are the answer and Snakebites can field them in unlimited numbers. If a unit's size exceeds 21, they actually become cheaper than madboyz - still no gun and no save though.
I once fielded several hundred unarmed gretchin against a beardy space wolves player. They even managed to take down terminators through sheer weight of numbers. Was a very fun game!
 
I'm still not beaten! Through adversity and bouts of personal shortcomings I soldier on.
Literally, since the latest addition to the warhorde is a squad of regular Ork soldiers. Verrrry regular Ork soldiers
IMG_20260716_1348472752.jpg
IMG_20260716_1349435722.jpg

Yes, they're all monopse since I don't have any other variant sculpts left. Just used some bic lighter scraps again to fashion two 'custom shootas'. The leader is another sculpt and a nice chunky size as befits da boss.
 
Just used some bic lighter scraps again to fashion two 'custom shootas'. The leader is another sculpt and a nice chunky size as befits da boss.
They are the longer guns I guess? I've never seen those boyz in person. Didn't realise they wore dog collars. Probably done to enforce unit coherency. You probably shouldn't attach them to your nob with leashes though.

Even monopose models can be given some uniqueness via paint, if you are inclined. They each have a unique base, which also counts. Nice looking unit.
 
Due to a clerical error in the intel department, Imperial Agent FA Lennart has tried to endear himself to the wrong warboss.
FA Lennart.jpg

Whenever Bloodaxe orks are afoot, the imperium is sure to be close. Maskerading as brigands or mercenaries, they provide the orks with weapons and intel that will lead them against the enemies of the Emprah. Poor field agent Lennart was told that the Warboss currently subjugating one of the many moons of some far-flung planet was a real piratin' Freebooter, he prepared accordingly - only to discover that there's a spare warboss about sporting the tiger stripes of the Bloodaxes. What's Lennart gonna do?
 
Also, the fuel tank detaches via magnet and can be fitted with a muzzle to make a quite convincing and fun Bubble Chukka gun.
...the gun that can't target infantry. It's my pick for the silliest gun of the era, and there is stiff competition.

The lightning design radiating from the gun looks great. I've noticed you've put flattened ground behind the tracks, which is a nice touch.
 
Thanks! The flattened ground is just two strips with no glue or sand on. I did that with all my bikes and chariots to compensate somewhat for the rather dull base design I do.

The horde is still growing! here's more Deathskull Lootaz to bring the unit up to ten.
lootaznew.jpg
Orks toting heavy weapons are rathr hard to get so I filled out the mob with some proxies from the Warhammer range. The rocket-on-a-stick look might not be the best but the extra spanner compensates with his absolute unit of a snazzgun.
 
Being, as they are, spore-bred green fungus-men from outer space, your guess is as good as anybody's. I think they're a bunch of ostentatious show-offs with a penchant for showmanship.
 
Haha, truth be told, the simplicity of these later designs served as the inspiration to simply copy them. All itook was boyz with polearms, lighter scraps and some little resin rockets I bought on ebay.

In other news, FA Lennart has landed in sweet clover:
Ogryns.jpg
One of the airlift supply crates supporting Lennart's covert operation contained the Omut Brothers, a bunch of fiercesome Ogryns toting the dreaded Ripper Guns. They quickly convinced Kaptin Morslogg that the suspicious oomie was just passing through, never you mind and then went on to persuade Kaptin Gargskar of the Nargor that he really urgently does need an 'oomie advisor dressed up like his skumgrod. Now everybody is where they belong.
 
I reckon Orks would tolerate Humans if they were suitably orky in character. That’s all the excuse I need to use my Copplestone Road Warrior in my nascent Evil Sunz force anyway.

IMG_4087.jpeg

I have just acquired some of the lovely Space Ork Raiders which I will be painting in Orktober.

Outstanding work @Ti Pouchon love a proper 40k horde army, two squads and a tank doesn’t really do it for me.
 
Back
Top