Old School Necromunda

Some brilliant scatter terrain you've made there. I like what you've done with the tarps, I must try that I think (although I have just embarked on a new bit of terrain that will take a while). Will you treat us to some action shots of the terrain and your gangs? The collection must be looking pretty awesome now.

Speaking of gangs I found my Van Saar gang, I'd painted more than I thought (3 models)! Certainly looking back over your thread I feel inspired and I might have to migrate them further up the pile so they see the light of day again before too long...

Thank you EricF

Thank you twisted moon

Had three friends over and we played some classic Necromunda.

Had the guys pick the terrain and place it, we used two fully stocked up gangs of twelve models each. Orlocks versus Goliaths

The set up.
KQxx9vY.jpg

SfITBIm.png

fGJyPA0.png

I game photos.
WrF8185.png

KdncUTa.png

PUlqESx.png

44NJFwT.png

Goliaths ended up with a decisive victory over the Orlocks, but everyone had tons of fun. If people are keeping score, I was on the Orlock side.

Cheers,

CB

EricF

Administrator
That is something to behold. Simply brilliant.

I have such fond memories of playing Necromunda and I think a big aspect of that was the terrain. Your scratchbuilt terrain just elevates the game that much more, love all the little details, proper, under hive stuff.

Last edited:

ManicMan

nice work, and really like your kit bash terrain. Quite fun to look carefully and say "Hey, that's a PLA Spool, that's a CD/DVD insert, That's a Tin" etc. Same fun with the old White Dwarf's and them using things like 20mm slota bases for wall decals.

Thank you ManicMan, Fimm McCool, inchmurrin, Sleepysod, and twisted moon for your nice comments.

I have built another old platform. this time I saved and used the square central cardboard tower as plastic card is getting expensive...it was also going to be fully supported buy the base and floors. You can see how I incorporated some of the cardboards notches and used L bars to hide others.

BFjMCQI.jpg

GdT6Dzf.jpg

HkHwjGm.jpg

UyyVdRp.jpg

2246jrP.jpg

uk79J0A.jpg

bgptCR0.jpg

There is even a little Easter egg from Cities of Death that I found and reused.

Cheers,

CB

EricF

Administrator
Another awesome piece of terrain. I love all the detailing, the lamps and rungs are really nice. The angle was a good idea to cover the corner and add some further "3D" to the model.

I have built another old platform. this time I saved and used the square central cardboard tower as plastic card is getting expensive...it was also going to be fully supported buy the base and floors. You can see how I incorporated some of the cardboards notches and used L bars to hide others.
Whoa, when I was looking at the photos I thought it's made from some kind of metal.

OuteRimTim

Thank you ManicMan, Fimm McCool, inchmurrin, Sleepysod, and twisted moon for your nice comments.

BFjMCQI.jpg

GdT6Dzf.jpg

HkHwjGm.jpg

UyyVdRp.jpg

2246jrP.jpg

uk79J0A.jpg

bgptCR0.jpg

There is even a little Easter egg from Cities of Death that I found and reused.

Cheers,

CB
Well done. I love the way you have finished out this classic. It looks great.

Thank you EricF, twisted moon, AranaszarSzuur, and OuteRimTim for your responses.

I have been away for a bit, in the meantime I did get some items built. There are from those paper cores of cat bags. Now they are some scatter terrain pipes in pallets.

7osYKS3.jpg

NxsV5BI.jpg

tffximk.jpg

snoVryM.jpg

Cheers,

CB

EricF

Administrator
Good idea, I was looking at one of those tubes just the other day and was thinking "neat little solid looking tube" "wonder what I could use that for". Now I know!

Back