It's the Season to get Painting

EricF

Administrator
Lovely. I've got quite a few chaos dwarves of my own to start on at some point so always keen to see others so nicely painted as inspiration.

popevaderii

Harry also has some Green Redemptionists in his Nurgle force, they look perfect for it. Good choice. :)
Thanks...to get them ready for BOYL the paint job isnt the greatest but they'll look good swelling the ranks of my Nurgle Army. Must do a photo of everything together as, since September last year the army has come on leaps and bounds

ManicMan

^_^ polystyrene is the most fantastic hard wearing material ever made, I can't believe there would be damage in production of such a thing.

on a more serious note.. mm.. £40 for one.. If I was a fan and could bother, I would be tempted.. but I'm not into Blood bowl (though kinda want to finish painting up the one team and possible try a game or two some time (local gaming shop has a modern league) but unlikely to happen.

Fimm McCool

Loved the polystyrene pitch...heard that it was a logistical nightmare for Games Workshop to produce as so many got damaged in production there was significant wastage making it uneconomical!

I think it's less that the pitches were damaged and more that they weren't casting reliably. Certainly Bryan told me that they had this problem with the Mighty Fortress. It's a process that involves pumping foam into a steel or aluminium mould so if there's a flow issue and the cavity doesn't fill fully you have a piece not fit for sale.

Fimm McCool

For the Blood bowl pitch you mean? Yes, probably. But then there wouldn't be any around today as they'd have perished and photodegraded into microplastics.

inchmurrin

Chaos warriors look great especially as they have subtle colours, given my tendency to crazy pastels on mine that is a bit out of character on my part.

Back