eBay Bargains, Deals, etc.

This reminds me of back when bootsales (locally) were mostly worth going to and some local sites didn't charge insane amounts to sellers so as to just mean the events don't happen there anymore.. It had to be.. mm.. late 90s, early 2000s, McDonalds had done a series of Smurf figures which had the large M embossed on the back of the head, which was a fine enough thing. A while later from this first range (or so) there was a guy selling them at a bootsale. I was still collecting Smurfs (never had a huge amount, and still got them, with some spares anyway) and the guy was charging a bit for them and saying how the M meant 'Modern' cause these were the Modern smurfs, compared to the old ones... erm.. nope.. M for McDonalds ^_^ if the arch font didn't give it away.

Doesn't take too much information for someone to go from 'I don't know what this is worth' to 'lets charge a fortune cause I THINK I know what I'm talking about
 
Back
Top