Dwarfs

epicsatsuma

One of my painting lamps (I have two, but usually only use the one for actual painting and both for taking pics) has given up the ghost. It's a dodgy power lead, so it should be a quick replace.
The varnish is shining through on these though, but ho well!

I'm using Vallejo mecha satin varnish - a brush on varnish. So far I really like it, although it's a little nerve wracking as it's white in the bottle and on application
f86834e2cc78ce65733d4dbf9849a82f.jpg
57eb62fd286e8cd74807b59dde831ed5.jpg
ec3247cf57a59022972722fe9f93cd3b.jpg
40c2be2176dc68dacc7003f367276602.jpg

Sent from my FP4 using Tapatalk

epicsatsuma

I've heard great things about the AK ultra matt!

I kinda like a slight sheen to army models though - but it's not the best for photos the tufts I've used get in the way of varnishing, so I varnish before doing the basing which is why it ends up in the photos

epicsatsuma

Ah, cheers there. I'm in the enviable position of no kids and a four day week :) monies a bit tight, but I'm rich in time

epicsatsuma

And I might take a little break to put some orktober paint on these guys. I believe they're uncatalogued minis - certainly tricky to track down!
3092f39527462625b63db2bccf5b5401.jpg

ManicMan

now, I'm sure i've seen that painboy some place.. one of the old nice and fun ones ^_^ and again, you are doing great work and great output.. I try for.. 1 mini a month at times ^_^;

epicsatsuma

Plus I mostly procrastinate all of the life admin, in exchange for painting models. A terrible habit

ManicMan

I do admit to having a couple of problems.. one being not making up my mind easily.. like a miniature can sit (in fact, I have one that has sat here for some time) just needing 1 bit painted but I can't make up my mind on the colour. the other main issues is really not feeling like painting.. and forcing myself I find really doesn't result in anything good..

Geroak II

One mini is still one mini which is 100% better than none!
Couldn't agree more. I haven't painted anything since march or april, so finishing just 1 mini a month would be nice.

Both orks can be seen on this flyer from 1989. I remember trying to identify that painboy and presumably had no luck with any catalogues.

epicsatsuma

I do admit to having a couple of problems.. one being not making up my mind easily.. like a miniature can sit (in fact, I have one that has sat here for some time) just needing 1 bit painted but I can't make up my mind on the colour. the other main issues is really not feeling like painting.. and forcing myself I find really doesn't result in anything good..
He'll yeah - I know*that* feeling!

Back