Current Sales going on

Maybe weirdly it's a piece I have no desire to own. I get why it is (in)famous but to my eye it is TOO big. It doesn't look the same scale as other Citadel figures of the time. The LotR Smaug is big, but it feels like it fits in. The chicken dragon's scales and detailing make it appear more like a 75mm piece. To my eye anyway.
 
Maybe weirdly it's a piece I have no desire to own. I get why it is (in)famous but to my eye it is TOO big. It doesn't look the same scale as other Citadel figures of the time. The LotR Smaug is big, but it feels like it fits in. The chicken dragon's scales and detailing make it appear more like a 75mm piece. To my eye anyway.
That's an interesting observation. I'm quite obviously not familiar at all with the model and don't have a definite perception of its actual size, therefore this potential issue never crossed my mind.
I just love the fact that to my eyes it looks convincing as a dragon and from an aesthetic perspective I much prefer its old-school physiognomy to the current fashion of serpentine dragons with oriental-style heads.
Then come its rarity and almost legendary status and - dang! - I think I could really do something crazy in order to get one:mrgreen:
 
Back
Top