Chaos Squats

EricF

Administrator
Re: Chaos Squats

This collection just gets better and better. What a war band.

Sad news about the Scrunt range, I'd have bought into that heavily if they were available

Orjetax

EricF":35ohjh7s said:
This collection just gets better and better. What a war band.

Sad news about the Scrunt range, I'd have bought into that heavily if they were available
Thanks Eric
More to come!

I have some heavy weapons scrunts in progress now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orjetax

Captain Brown":tmii0q3z said:
Interesting figures there Orjetax. I have seen old Squat armies before, but never Chaos Squats.

Cheers,

CB
Thanks CB. It’s been my first ‘chaos’ style army and has been a treat to pint so far

Orjetax

A trio of thunderers!

3db81c724cd823b3b9338be264a34da5.jpg

4b53b77c8a8ce48d1a88cc55b64093e5.jpg

badfa1371ed943993faea6ccdb9c7b0f.jpg

Orjetax

Are you carbon-based?
Silicon based?
Fungoid?
ARE YOU ONE OF THE SCIENCE FUNGOIDS, FRIEND?

bb5acd7cac8c08c91df76fceb6879aba.jpg

Do not be alarmed. We are not racist. intelligent space-faring bipeds are mostly the same on the inside.

Here, Let us check your organs.

64f56a565f81273b654ace48799bf18f.jpg

Stop screaming, friend. Stop screaming. STOP SCREAMING OR YOU WILL BE DIPPED INTO AN ACID PUSTULE.

Look at your organs, friend! They have been well-maintained. They look excellent. They would look even better pulsating in the shell of a vat-grown war beast.

(War beast! War Beast! War Beast!)

They would, friend!

You look pale.

Have you tried being re-born from an artificial womb? You have not? You will try! You will be improved!

(Flesh vat! Flesh vat! Flesh vat!)

Do not listen to that one, it is a fool! The artificial wombs are not flesh vats! You will not beg for death as the life-mucus smothers you! Your nervous system will not burn with electric fire as you are dissolved! That is propaganda! It is scurrilous!

WE WILL MELT YOU INTO PROTEINS IN THAT FLESH VAT AND YOU WILL LOVE IT.

Your cells are needed

Your deoxyribonucleic acid will be unspooled.

Your PROTEINS are required.

You will become part of the One True BioMass! Yes, friend, it is true!

It is the Great Work.
WORK work WoRk wOrK
You will be a part of it!

(Apart! Apart! Apart!)

Do you want to be re-born? You could have a prehensile tongue! You could have a second face on your abdomen. It will shriek when you tell lies!

It is possible, friend! It is!

All things are possible through The One True BioMass.

Friend?

You look pale.

879423ef71ec06ba313911558d634bb1.jpg

——
My chaos squats are greatly inspired by Patrick Stuart’s Derro, he’s the originator of the Derro ‘dialect’ I’ve adopted for this http://falsemachine.blogspot.com/2014/03/derro.html?m=1

symphonicpoet

Oh my good lord, well done! The fluff is absolutely fabulous! The miniatures are truly lovely and deeply horrifying! I need more exclamation points! :grin:

Sincerely, though, well done!!! Looking forward to the next installment. You give me ideas. I should try one of those flesh vats. I saw a fellow do a model of a wrecked Akagi years ago. He submerged the whole thing in dish detergent. (Maybe thinned just a touch.) The detergent gave the water a bit of color and made it just a tad harder to see, more like a sunken ship in deep water and less like a model in a fish tank. I am tempted to try something like that on a small scale for a flesh vat.

Orjetax

symphonicpoet":1yre8dym said:
Oh my good lord, well done! The fluff is absolutely fabulous! The miniatures are truly lovely and deeply horrifying! I need more exclamation points! :grin:

Sincerely, though, well done!!! Looking forward to the next installment. You give me ideas. I should try one of those flesh vats. I saw a fellow do a model of a wrecked Akagi years ago. He submerged the whole thing in dish detergent. (Maybe thinned just a touch.) The detergent gave the water a bit of color and made it just a tad harder to see, more like a sunken ship in deep water and less like a model in a fish tank. I am tempted to try something like that on a small scale for a flesh vat.
Thank you so much!

I like the way the creative themes on this project have framed up.

My models are a mix of chaos space dwarfs and “not genestealer hybrid” space dwarfs. And they include a mix of standard sci fi tech and things that look like biotech.

I figure that the dwarf archetype in any setting loves WORK. And ENGINEERING.

And tends toward being collectivist-minded.

There is also the infamous throwaway GW comment to that perhaps the squats were eaten by tyranids.

And so my chaos squats are out there to (bio)engineer the whole universe. It’s the great work. Building the One True Biomass - TOGETHER!

You should definitely try the flesh vat. I’ve also had it suggested to use a clear resin, as with modeling water effects.

symphonicpoet

^"Clear" resin could work well, but how would you remove it if you ever changed your mind? Dish detergent/washing up liquid seems an easy mater to reverse, though the fact that it could spill is something of a downside. I suppose everything is a compromise.

Orjetax

I’ve finished another chaos squat thunderer to finish the squad, as well as a wrecked rhino terrain piece to serve as a backdrop.
34400b520164a8a0778757471cafb81d.jpg

78cc3d49f0dbb93e46b0f75e4cea5827.jpg

e504d247fad6fe9a4ae4616795e9cbe2.jpg

Orjetax

twisted moon":qlcr4iln said:
the squats look great.
where's the ruined rhino piece from?
An eBay seller in France makes them and various other ruined vehicle terrain pieces in resin.

I don’t know the seller’s name as I got this one second hand.

The Fat Git

I love these squats, truly awesome paintjob. I will be filing a complaint though, as I can't get hold of them myself. :(

Orjetax

The Fat Git":1u2vs7c5 said:
I love these squats, truly awesome paintjob. I will be filing a complaint though, as I can't get hold of them myself. :(
Thanks very much!

On the plus side, you can still get the Macrocosm squat hybrids.

But those psychic mutant scrunts are the absolute best.

Orjetax

Finished my first unit in well over a year. It’s a pleasure to be back painting. These are from another Macrocosm Kickstarter.

6c22cbfddf233ddb9d9d2eb21ff16061.jpg

200ad6d11deea43416c40a62e7c34ccc.jpg

2b8f14e8dcf21ec70a7b3806af11abdf.jpg

Back