Technology evolution in the 40th millenium

Asslessman

Reading my beloved compendium (AGAIN) , I came by this little text in the description of dreadnoughts :

SS851896.JPG

Funny how Ceramite is processed exactly like plastic (even the colour is like the styrene of old) and how adamantium is cast exactly like lead... (note the scale has been chnaged to give it a space-opera dimension)

I wonder if Mars Ad Mechs use giant modeling knives and EPICGLUE to build them...

I guess whoever wrote this didn't get far to get the inspiration ;)

LOL, I'm just trying to imagine spin casting anything in something that is several kilometers across, sounds like a reall smart and efficient way to do stuff :roll: :lol:

These old tomes truly are "the gift that keep on giving" aren't they. It doesn't matter how many times you flick through them, you always manage to find more gems.

Good find. :grin:

Asslessman

Exactly my thought. I must have read that part a dozen times but this one appeared thanks to this community which tought me about casting.

Coopdevil

I never noticed that!

Of course, it all went wrong for Dreadnought construction when they tried to use resin in those vast, orbital centrifuges.

Coop

All old space marine veterans died a forcible death when their ceramite and adamantium was replaced with dog-shit finecast!!

Come on, fine cast is ok. It takes alot of clean up and breaks easily, but is lighter so cheaper to distribute which means GW can keep their costs down...OH WHAT AM I SAYING!?

Back