Sunday Preview – Made to Ork-der

that's not Ghazghkull Thraka Classic model...
<Picture not here due to lack of finishing painting.. which has now been sitting half done for over a year>
 
I wonder how much the Goff Rockers will be. I got mine from GW back in 2010. They were still available and not stupid expensive until quite recently but for some reason people seem to think they're a rarity. They're certainly cool.
 
Ditto, I think I got my blister back about then. Still not done anything with them of course! I've seen some nice battlewagon conversions where they have been made into "stages".
 
Yep. As that is a custom, I don't class it as the Classic figure ^_^ but it really took off with the studio so it got a sculpted based highly on it.
 
It's the groupings that have annoyed me on the last few made-to-orders, I do wish they'd offer the more character type models on an individual basis. They would have had more money out of me certainly! I can't believe would make a huge difference to production costs. I'd have thought given the numbers it's going to be one mould to one model, but maybe not and they are doing one "set" to one mould.

We should probably run a sweep stake on prices :)
 
Prices are out...

Boss Sagstruck - £23.50
OrksBossZagstrukkMTO2026.jpg

Classic Deff Dread - £65
OrksDeffDreadMTO2026.jpg

Classic Ghazghkull Thraka - £44
OrksGhazghkullThrakaMTO2026.jpg

Goff Rockers - £31.50
OrksGoffRockersMTO2026.jpg

Mad Dog Grotsnik - £23.50
OrksMadDokGrotsnikMTO2026.jpg

Classic Nazdreg Ug Urdgrub - £23.50
OrksNazdregUgUrgrebMTO2026.jpg

Classic Zodgrod Wortsnagga - £23.50
OrksZodgrodWortsnaggaMTO2026.jpg

I believe the phrase required is "ouch" and I resisted the temptation to put the word classic in quotes each time ;)
 
Oof.
Govt says stockpile food & water, gotta buy diesel at +£1.95/litre, you need to feed the kids, or... WARHAMMER!!! 😂

Seriously though, those prices are heading towards 'for a niche collector only' drug hit rather than for use in normal competitive play. GW not getting any of my hardwon spondoolicks soon (not that their execs give a fudge)! 😀
 
'heading towards'...

I think GW (sorry, 'Warhammer') went past that years ago. While they were always about making money as, you are selling stuff.. of course you want to make money, there was also soo much more.. I think Bryan Ansell had that Idea, I think Jackson and Livingstone had that Idea... I think maybe the first guy after Ansell did but... how far past that? not sure.. clearly what ever board of directors they have now aren't that interested. Its like when back in the mid 80s DC were going to sell there whole comic division to Marvel because they weren't really making money with comics, but knew they were a ground for making more money doing merchandise and films. So they wanted to sell the comics to Marvel, so made money with comics, but didn't do a whole lot of Merchandise and movies and stuff.

Marvel editor-in-chief said yes! We want this! they are great characters, just not often written well these days.. Marvels Publisher and Directors said "If they are doing so badly, they must be rubbish characters, so we will pass".. now Marvel aren't making money at comics, only on the spin-off merchandise... and that is failing badly.

Oh look, and Warhammer keep doing tons of movies and tv shows and stuff... and aren't as bothered with the games... which aren't doing that well for them.. huh.. Cycle of history theory pops up again and again.
 
I guess of that lot £31.50 isn't TERRIBLE for Goff Rockers. I've seen them go for more on ebay. The rest though, yikes! Maybe they learned from people buying earlier made to orders and slapping them for sale online at a 100% markup weeks later?
 
While yes, it's quite easy to see the rockers going for more second hand, it's still over £10 for one metal mini.. which is normal size... that's... kinda terrible. I'm not moaning at him, but even Diehard don't charge THEM prices.
 
Back
Top