Space Fleet.

mm.. debatable.. depending how complete, possibly should picked it up. Despite it later being remade as Battlefleet Gothic (... after being a remake of.. battlefleet gothic), there are many fans around here.
 
I wouldn't say a bargain necessarily, but if you want one and it was pretty complete that's an ok price. Of course, sometimes these charity shop boxes have a bunch of extra goodies lurking in them too, so always worth a look inside!
 
I was so suprised by the condition of the contents. I failed to realise the two Imperial ships were missing. Oh well!
 

Attachments

  • 20260929_130239.jpg
    20260929_130239.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
It looks like you have two each of the Eldar and Imperial ships. I can’t remember the component list, and my copy is up on a high shelf… but I think you may have a complete set.

It’s a pretty skimpy game with just the boxed set, but there were a surprising amount of WD articles that added a bit more meat to the experience.
 
I'm pretty sure the original game only came with 1 ship of each. For a game called 'Space Fleet' you had a fleet of 1. In fact, the rules so say 'each player chooses and assembles A spaceship.

that's gonna be a pain... having to buy unassembled ships so you can start the game by assembling the ship.
 
I think you got two of each and it was billed as a 2-4 player game, but I could be wrong.
that would make more sense cause.. yeah.. 2 - 4 players.. and while they talk about if you have more friends you can expand, It would be iffy to say 'Hey, you can play this with 4 people.. but only if you buy an extra set'
 
I expect "the keeper of the fleets" @Golgfag1 would know ... or does it not say on the back of the box or in the rules what the contents was? I've got one of each, but I think they were either a WD freebie or maybe an in-store freebie? I don't remember to be honest, but I'm sure I didn't buy them. Every now and then I wonder about getting a copy, I rather enjoyed the game I played at BOYL a year or two back despite my inability to see great big planets in my way *sigh*.
 
That was my memory of give-aways, thanks for confirming. Must have been something in-store or maybe we did think "cool" and mail order one and my addled old brain simply doesn't remember! Still they sit at the bottom of one of my display cases (mine are the blue)
 
I expect "the keeper of the fleets" @Golgfag1 would know ... or does it not say on the back of the box or in the rules what the contents was? I've got one of each, but I think they were either a WD freebie or maybe an in-store freebie? I don't remember to be honest, but I'm sure I didn't buy them. Every now and then I wonder about getting a copy, I rather enjoyed the game I played at BOYL a year or two back despite my inability to see great big planets in my way *sigh*.
Ha, ha, ha, The Keeper of Fleets, like that.
As for contents of the box - two ships for each race, a few dice, hordes of counters the rulebook/leaflet and the box itself is part of the game. Fifty pounds for a complete set is slightly on the high side of reasonable, I tend to pick them up at around thirty to forty and resell them at a similar price (depending if I've painted the ships or not).

Hope this helped

Paul / Golgfag1
Space Fleet 12.jpg
 
Back
Top