orkwrangler's miniatures

Wow! My space alligator horsey doesn't have one of those! (I just figured maybe they kept it on the inside, like certain reptiles. Not that I checked. "Sex a zoat day" sounds like a bad day at the intergalactic xeno zoo.)
Other examples don't have this artifact either.

I bought the mini in a GW store. It's on a two-slot cavalry base but has only one tab. The body has three points of contact with the tab so I don't think it's for structural support. Perhaps it's there to aid casting or maybe just a mould defect.
 
That's a miniature I like, but it is a challenging one to paint. Nicely done! You have to experiment. That's the only way to grow. And at the end of the day? You can always give him a bath and do it again, but I don't think that will be necessary here. ;-) He looks good!
 
That's a miniature I like, but it is a challenging one to paint. Nicely done! You have to experiment. That's the only way to grow. And at the end of the day? You can always give him a bath and do it again, but I don't think that will be necessary here. ;-) He looks good!
Been a couple of decades since I painted models. WarColours paints used throughout.

The armour was painted with Hawk Turquoise & washed with Waaargh! Green ink. Happy with that.

Instead of buying a metallic green I mixed Waaargh! Green ink with Mithryl Silver. I used that on the chest & belt eagles. In hindsight, I should have gone with something with more contrast.

I painted the power fist with the same metallic green mix & then washed it with Shadow Black black ink expecting it to just go into the recesses. It just made everything black. Didn't behave like the old Citadel stuff so I had to go back & highlight.

The Bad Moon yellow gun was a ball ache. Tried to use the Skull White to blot out dark colours but that was still hard work. The Firestorm Yellow ink on top of Bad Moon yellow is very pleasing.
 
absolution-squad.jpg

Some work in progress. Ex-Citadel miniatures from Foundry.

The guy on the left required a little work. There's a space marine style nub for a backpack that I snipped off to fit a 3rd party one. These come on small, flat, metal bases. He's top heavy, hunched over & prone to falling on his face. I gave him a green stuff hillock to stand on, then used PVA & aquarium sand to hide the mess.
 
ah yes, the... 'Lets reissue some dredd without the dredd oh lets just not bother' miniatures (well, a couple of them atleast) interesting history really and one of the issues with designs which are licensed. I'm not quite sure which ones (and for how long) some of the Elric re-named ones were on sale for but for some reason, Citadel just felt they didn't wanna release this ones.
 
1790796348491.png
Judge-Inquisitor Cesare of Vatican city. More modern day they made a far worse design which re more.. dull. That said, I think this was a more modern-ish story written by a person that I have a very low view on, even if his work was passable before he went state side. (for collectors, Complete Case file 22)
 
Haha thanks for the tag..... Ah Vatican judge!! Yes only one sculpt was done for them in the mongooose/warlord judges of the world set (I am lucky to have one) .... I converted one using one of ramshackle minis to join my citadel Dredd collection and one is on my sculpting list to join my sector NG15 range thoughine might be slightly different to cover my back haha
 
Back
Top