Oldhammer In The New World - Baltimore Games Day Oct 25-26th

Attilla13

First off, I'd like to thank Zhu and Orlygg for the inspiration and help! But very cool news for us over the pond!

Finally We Have our Day In The New World!
Oldhammer In The New World Day! Bring Your Lead To Baltimore! Oldhammer Across The Pond!
When?: October 25th-26
Where?: Dropzone Games in Glen Burnie Md.
What?: North American Golden Gobbos, painting competition, Warband battles, Scenario battles, and whatever you can set up yourself! Contact me at bshrode13@hotmail.com or on facebook to make sure I can reserve a table at Dropzone if you need one!

I’ve been biting my tongue a bit to get some things in place and make sure that we will have some really cool events, and some important people. But we can now make it official, we now have an Oldhammer Day In The New World! And we have a great venue for it – Dropzone Games in Glen Burnie, MD at the same site as the old Games Workshop Factory! Dropzone is a great store, I believe the largest on the East Coast, and they are preparing a lot of cool space and tables for us. They are open from 10am till 10pm Sat and 12-6 on Sunday. We have a spot reserved right now for a few games that Rusty Gouldman and I have planned, and we have lots of room to add in games!

We are going to have several games staged including a Scenario from one of the old box sets, a Warband Challenge just like Oldhammer Day in the UK (thanks Orlygg!), and hopefully a very cool Siege game! Andrew Dyer has agreed to help me set up a Golden Gobbo painting competition, and we are hoping to have some really cool stuff going on (We are also hopefully going to see some of the Stuff of Legends and Blue in VT’s collection in person!)
I’m also pleased to announce that two Old School personalities are hoping to attend and talk about the good old and bad old days of GW and helping to create the Warhammer Universe way back when. (They are our own North American Celebrities and you’ll probably want to bring along some WFRP books if you got them!)

Basically since my health scare recently I have become even more certain that I have to get this going, and I am hoping that 6 months is enough time to get everyone there, and time to get some more painting done! I’ll admit I and so excited I wish it was next week, but then I remember all the work we have to do to get this together! So in 6 months, I’m hoping you will be there!

I’m duplicating this on the Forums, and will try to watch them. This is also going to give me tons of posts on my blog over the next 6 months, so I hope you’ll pay attention and maybe send me cool images of things you might be working on. And I’m hoping some of our Canadian friends can make it down as well (so if you run a blog on Skaven and go by 24_cigarettes, I hope to see tons of painting done by then!)

Tons of details to get done and get to you all, from everything to some possible cool special templates, to hopefully having foundry citadel codes onsite, and lots of things in the works! For now, just let me know if you can make it or want to make it!

Re: Oldhammer In The New World - Baltimore Games Day Oct 25-

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!!

Time to kick my painting into high gear.

Blue in VT

Yes! I am genuinely excited to see this getting off the ground!! I think this will also spur my painting along quite nicely I can't wait to see everybody there and have a great time getting my oldhammer on!

Thanks for leading the charge Blake!

Blue

Attilla13

No problem, I'm super excited, though a bit nervousl about all the work! Right now we have big games of a siege and warbands game (one sat one sunday so we can lots in there.) I was also hoping to do a game from Mcdeath, and Rusty was working on another one as well. I'm really hoping someone is going to do some Rogue Trader stuff, so if you can thaat would be awesome. I have a big family and long 12+ hour drive, so the more I can get help from others to Run thae better off wpell all be (and i can concentrate on some cool things in the works)! And we already have enough space to include yours Blue.

Nice, I didn't know about Dropzone, looks like it is on the closer side of Baltimore to me. Andrew/Rusty gave me a heads-up for Oct recently so I am going to try to get something painted... Will definitely try to pop along for a while.

ardyer

Also, since that's me writing the rules for the painting contest, feel free to commence all bribery now ;)

ardyer":34yb3zqf said:
Also, since that's me writing the rules for the painting contest, feel free to commence all bribery now ;)

Sooooooo.... paypal? Lol

ardyer

This just in, multi-demon winner Dave Taylor will be judging the painting contest!

(Subject to change, of course ;) )

Attilla13

Excellent, excellent. It means the plan is coming together. Anyone interested in running a game as a GM or playing someone in Oldhammer (either Warhammer, Rogue Trader, Dark Future, Confrontation, or anything else you can think of) just please let me know and get in touch with me about space/and your set up.

Thanks Andrew, I also know that probably means some great pictures, because Dave is really good at the photos, its what I caught him doing at Adepticon!

Thantsants

Congratulations from the Old World - best of luck with the preparations!

Blue - Looks like you'll get your Siege game after all. :grin:

ardyer

Con-fusion":1bc9b6ru said:
Great news! I live about 30 minutes from Dropzone.

Which side of Baltimore do live in? There are two of us in NoVA here.

Con-fusion

I'm south of Baltimore... really about half way between DC and Annapolis where 214 (Central Ave) hits the Patuxent.

ardyer

Con-fusion":2iaojnt0 said:
I'm south of Baltimore... really about half way between DC and Annapolis where 214 (Central Ave) hits the Patuxent.

Awesome. That makes 3 of us in a relatively small area. Now we just have to find time to game ;)

Con-fusion

ardyer":1512tiwo said:
Awesome. That makes 3 of us in a relatively small area. Now we just have to find time to game ;)

:lol:

Per my wife, I'm supposed to start curbing my rampant workaholism via gaming...

Ha, nice, sounds entirely reasonable! :)

I'm the other member in the local area; live in Arlington, work in Greenbelt at the moment.

Attilla13

Well jealous you are all so close together, but cannot wait to meet you all, and hope for sure you are stopping by!

I'm going to do my best to fly down for this, I hate road trips! Not sure how I'll get all my skaven there, sure as hell not putting them in checked baggage! Might have to bring the chaos army in carry on.
I'm interested in the painting comp, not that I should be; if Blue shows up we're all losing! But in all honestly is it going to be multiple categories; best regiment/BB team, best large creature/dread, or just best single miniature?
For the out of towners is there anyway we can all co-ordinate hotel stays and get a group rate?
Wow getting a bit ahead of myself there, really just hoping to make it!

ardyer

24_Cigarettes":2qlmg6d7 said:
I'm interested in the painting comp, not that I should be; if Blue shows up we're all losing! But in all honestly is it going to be multiple categories; best regiment/BB team, best large creature/dread, or just best single miniature?

I don't want bog down the contest with lots of categories but few entries so it's just going to be single figure, any manufacturer, any genre. But "points" will be deducted if it doesn't fit in with the oldhammer vibe (e.g., don't submit an Infinity miniature and expect win). I had intended to have the rules written this week but life has gotten in the way.

There may also be a best painted warband award, but that will be a separate thing.

Attilla13

Actually, we might have to break it all down into two categories.....Blue in Vt,....and everyone else ;)

But it would be absolutely awesome to see those Skaven or Chaos! I've been doing a lot of stuff behind the scenes for this, and I am going to start having some announcements soon! Full rules on some of the games, and hopefully Blue can fill me in if he is going to do the Rogue Trader Game. Rusty and I have to go over the warband rules again, and I have a few surprises, and I am hoping to have some other things as well. Also looks like we may have some cool special things for sale, and also for awards. (I have a somewhat limited budget for some of this, but I have some cool ideas for the Golden Gobbo stuff!

Not sure if this link will work, but if it does the three hotels on Ritchie Highway are close to the store (I have stayed at LaQuinta and it is fairly nice, ......I have not looked into group rates or anything. But one of the advantages to the timeframe is we have some time to coordinate (one of the reasons we ended up with the lead in time we did - the other being able to claim a weekend at DropZone) http://www.booking.com/city/us/glen-bur ... 656|exact|

I am trying to remember, and I can't think of any of the closer hotels that had a bar for latenight gathering. we will probably have to work on a restaurant or something. But there might be better deals in hotels built or changed since I lived there (spent quite a while living about 3/4 a mile from here ;)

Back