Old School Necromunda

So about a year ago, I pitched the idea to my gaming group pulling out their old metal Necromunda gangs and using the two original boxed sets run a campaign. Like we did in the mid-nineties, that everyone agreed was one of the best connected series of fights we played. So I collected up the boxes of terrain and started to look a repairing them. I also volunteered to paint up some gangs for the two members who were not part of the club back then.

Well COVID 19 hot before we managed to get a game in, but I figured I would show off my progress.
15 Eschers
Rn5FFtD.jpg

13 Cawdor
lQ4tzQN.jpg

15 Ratskins
yIvbOfh.jpg

7 Goliaths
dHtKNaF.jpg

Cheers,

CB

EricF

Administrator
All brilliant, particularly like the red on the Cawdor gang, really works well and I think the highlights are just spot on with the red/black of those.
Necromunda was one of my favourite games back in the day, used to love setting up the card terrain.

Plip

Nice work.What an awesome game it was!

Though it used to drive me crazy that Cawdor, with their access to all the combat-related skill tables were all armed with basic weapons :lol:

Thank you.

Speaking of the old carboard terrain. While I have one complete set ready to go (a shared set between the whole gaming group)...I decided to update my own set.

Recognize these towers? The carboard floors have been replaced by plastic card and details added. Mounted on a sturdy base so they do not shift when models are placed or moved.
mhOfFg3.jpg

Ho5N88r.jpg

cmn92pJ.jpg

ALyFCqq.jpg

WjZ7B5n.jpg

aYFoVFg.jpg

SPYRnUX.jpg

Cheers,

CB

EricF

Administrator
That terrain is extremely nicely done. You've managed to get the blue shade looking just as I remember it. Lovely pice of work.

The Fat Git

I really like what you've done with the models, the terrain is spot on too. The irony of COVID 19 is lots of people got back into the hobby but couldn't play any games! It does mean that 2021 should be a cracking hobby year though!

Geroak II

Very nice painting. They all look good but in my (maybe biased) opinion goliaths are the best of the bunch. ;)
Terrain piece is looking great as well.

Thank you all.

Next are some scratch-built pieces to fit with the other terrain as the original game had a rather clear ground level.
dvd5oO9.jpg

rBXQMsu.jpg

m2XMMmW.jpg

IGspXAg.jpg

3CLjDVu.jpg

gznpknf.jpg

Cheers,

CB

A scratch built Plasma Tower that lights up.
YHqBEnj.jpg

What would Necromunda be like without some barricades...
H8GDzLe.jpg

Or large crates to hide behind?
3flEwp8.jpg

How about some sewer pipe access points for those sneaky gangs.
6rSbhWy.jpg

Cheers,

CB

EricF

Administrator
I'm just going to seethe quietly over in the corner with envy! What a stunning set of terrain you've build. I'm now sorely tempted to see if my brother still has my van saar gang which of course I don't think I ever painted and get it done!

Thank you for the comments.

A ruined administration building.
nEemnNc.jpg

What would Necromunda be without some toxic pools.
Ix95Cll.jpg

wiakzhl.jpg

Some scratch-built containers.
9s29Z0b.jpg

Cheers,

CB

Thank you Sleepysod.

A ruined Imperial building, with a nice place to run a gantryway
2FAs8tQ.jpg

MZu22nz.jpg

Skk76dg.jpg

My version of the dreaded L-Bridge
bfBH6lQ.jpg

Cheers,

CB

Plaiecivile

Very clever use of threaded fitting as beams to support the L-Bridge ;)

I also really like your color effect for the toxic pools.

Excellent project overall, the finished gaming table will be quite a sight!

Thank you Plaiecivile.

What would classic Necromunda be without gantries and bridges?
dW2GxQF.jpg

CNe8ocl.jpg

iXr8s5Z.jpg

Now most of these started without railings, but then the thought of old metal painted gangers falling off as someone bumped a tower while move a figure induced me to add some safety railings.

Cheers,

CB

Deda

I really love your terrain pieces. I think sometimes terrain is considered a less important aspect of the game, but I think is the opposite.. even more with Necromunda.
I often host games at my home and I really enjoy building themed tables which tell small stories by themselves.
I loved the wirings and chains you used.. you gave me a good idea!!

Thank you Deda.

Some more terrain.
Another small scratch-built Factorium
N02j4bj.jpg

A second scratch-built Filtration Unit
JtvDoI9.jpg

Some GW Plasma Regulators
Of3b3zJ.jpg

Cheers,

CB

Back