Lost Lead

Naagruz

After looking over the other posts here, I was inspired to dig out some of my older minis & take new pics. These were painted back in the '80s-'90s & given the best shellacking with glosscoat in true John Blanche style. :grin:

Here's a few survivors from my mostly stripped O&G army of yore:

Attachments

• Grog (Small).jpg
    Grog (Small).jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 3,952
  • C12 (Small).jpg
    C12 (Small).jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 3,952
  • KAdams (Small).jpg
    KAdams (Small).jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 3,952

Naagruz

Older RoC Chaos Warriors. Love the poses on these guys, but ranking them up was always a headache!

Classic giant inspired by the "Paint it Black" article from the old Citadel Compendium. Easily one of my favorite minis & quite the dwarf by today's standards.

Attachments

• C35 (Small).jpg
    C35 (Small).jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 3,950
  • C28 (Small).jpg
    C28 (Small).jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 3,950
  • C28b (Small).jpg
    C28b (Small).jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 3,950

Naagruz

Here's more recent work starting with some Chaos dorfs. The boggley-eyed hunchback is going to be the henchman for my Lichemaster project.

Dead men of Dunharrow/C18 Zombies:

Test mini for the Mourngul Horde I'm presently working on. I wanted to somewhat copy the look of the orcs from the original Ravening Hordes cover.

Attachments

• C16n (Small).jpg
    C16n (Small).jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 3,948
  • C18n (Small).jpg
    C18n (Small).jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 3,948
  • C36n (Small).jpg
    C36n (Small).jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 3,948

Harry

Yes, lovely stuff. I can stand to see a little more. :mrgreen:

The test mini is especially good. Looks like an exciting project you have planned. How many minis do you have lined up for it?

Padre

Delicious figures and a very atmospheric paint-job. Not sure why you don't seem so keen on it. Bizarrely, however, even though I was playing back then, I don't recognise any of these. I guess I wasn't paying attention. :oops:

Thantsants

Gorgeous!

Never seen that giant before and I want one now.

That hobgoblin is lovely - I have a small horde of hobgobs lurking in lead mountain waiting for a lick of paint so I'll be watching yours develop with interest. I'd had a similar idea about the Ravening Hordes cover too :grin:

Naagruz

Many thanks for the compliments! :grin:

@Harry, the Hobgob project is pretty sizable with a mix of about 50 C37 & N12 models. I have some of the newer cavalry & a general on a Temple Dog to boot. Trying to steer clear of the '90s Perry models for this & keeping to the older, oriental flavored minis. I'll get some WiP pics up in that section soon.

More stuff from my youth. Everyone look 45° left!

My Phil Lewis tribute. These guys were all painted with stinky enamels. Fun, but not the easiest paint to work with. Phil's stuff still inspires me!

Attachments

• C27.jpg
    C27.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 3,925
  • Globe.jpg
    Globe.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 3,925
  • Nec&Capn.jpg
    Nec&Capn.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 3,925

Orlygg

More quality sculpts with complimentary photographing and painting... Your skills really do show off these models in the best quality light. The character of these models puts many a modern ( and susposedly superior ) sculpt to shame.

Naagruz

Harry":1jeur2tt said:
How old were you when you were painting this stuff?

14 to 20 years old for most of it.

Chaos Warriors & Skaven are the latest of the old stuff. Kev Adams Gobbo on the right 3rd pic down is the second Citadel mini I painted, but I had been painting Grenadier minis for years before that.
Chaos dwarfs, zombies, & hobgob are all fairly recent.

I probably started painting lead dudes around 1980 or so with Testors enamel paint & plastic brushes. Here is my first effort.

Classic Heritage mini! :)

Attachments

• OG.jpg
    OG.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,228

Naagruz

C 19 Lizardman test in progress. Working towards a more gatorrific coloring for the skin.

Basing experiment. I have some broad, leafy plants to add here & am trying to make a dragonfly out of copper wire. :?

Attachments

• Gatorn1.JPG
    Gatorn1.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,116
  • GatorBase1.JPG
    GatorBase1.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 1,116

Naagruz

Citadel Collector":37g45m0n said:
Your lizardman shield is perfect!
Thanks! :grin:

Likely adding tribal paint next. Seems fitting for the C-19s. No luck on my bugs, but I'm still trying.

Attachments

• GATOR2.1.jpg
    GATOR2.1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,048

Selkie

Thats the final straw, at some point I am going to HAVE to get me some of those lizards they are just such nice minis - You have certainly done them justice with that paintjob, I especially like the swampy base - really adds to the 'atmosphere' of the mini. :grin:

The Fat Git

Great stuff, even after 20 years of me honing my painting skills my skaven slaves aren't as nice as yours way back when you were a youngling! Bugger! :oops:

Back