Lord Torath's Painting Progress Presentation

Lord Torath

Vassal
That's a suitably pretentious thread title, right?

So to start things off, here's a shot of some Eldar weapon crews that are just about done. I still need to blackwash them and apply finish coats.Eldar Support Weapon Crews.png

I'm rather hoping this thread will inspire me to spend more time painting minis and less time playing StarCraft II mods. We'll see how effective it is.
 
Cool, I really must tackle my Eldar at some point, I love the thought that the pointy helms are required to keep the quantity of spiky hair under!
 
And here's the rest of the crew (for two D-Cannon platforms) nearly complete:
Eldar Gunners 4e.png

The platforms themselves are going to be a bit trickier. I'm not sure what the best way to mount the weapons is. I was going to magnetize the D-cannons, but they're too heavy - they'd just end up pointing at the ground. I'm a little worried that super glue will also prove insuffiently strong for the task.

For the other weapons, I'd love a magnetic mount so I can swap out various weapons based on what I want to bring to any particular battle. Not a lot of space for placing magnets, and not a lot of room for pinning, either.
 
You'll just have to buy more platforms so you have all the choices! :) I've a similar issue in that I have a few spare weapons over platforms, although I really should check I have sufficient crew and platforms, I forget how many crew there are supposed to be - two or three? Time to go and find the army lists I guess!
 
I don't have the materials to hand, but five heavy weapon crews seems like a lot for 2nd edition. I guess it depends on what else you are fielding. They are the most powerful faction with lots of gimmicks.
 
I don't know that I'll ever field all five support weapons at once. It might be fun to try, though. I'll certainly need to paint a bunch more guardians, since that will require 25 minimum (5 squads of 5) and I currently only have 16 painted (not counting the four I'm working on for weapon crews).

I'll have to post some pics of my full painted collection one of these days.
 
Back
Top