Golgfag's preparations for BOYL 2024

symphonicpoet

Gercha and Gotcha are quite fun. Some lovely stuff! Even some BOYLing cauldrons. Man, I wish I could make it to the show this year. Have a great time!

Golgfag1

Not particularly stuff for BOYL, but stuff coming out of my stripping jar for the third time of asking, once they've dried I make the decision whether or not to give them a fourth soaking, my dip of choice is usually dettol, especially if I'm working with plastic, these were left for a week or two, jet washed, soaked in clean cold water and then brushed clean useing a nylon finger brush - in this case eldar space fleet, with a C series giant, 2nd edition Blood bowl and chaos snakemen and a few other bits and pieces.

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• 20240721_130536.jpg
    20240721_130536.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 9

EricF

Administrator
Good looking pile of lead and plastic there. I've been using Fuze Biostrip 20 for a while now, been working well (they even have a guide now!). Got some Ratling Snipers that need to go and have a dip soon.

Still not sure if I can make BOYL, keeping my fingers crossed.

Golgfag1

Current progress with the giant I finished stripping over the weekend. quite happy with progress so far, but the question I have is what colour to paint the scales on his skin?

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• 20240722_223350.jpg
    20240722_223350.jpg
    549.8 KB · Views: 2

Golgfag1

BOYL last year was three weeks before my hip replacement operation, so I was in a considerable amount of pain, hence my usual activities/enjoyment curtailed some from what I had originally planned. A BIG game of Warhammer over the course of the weekend! This year I'm intending to play Space Fleet and a large game of Warhammer (14,000 plays 7,000) siege game.

Paul / Golgfag1

EricF

Administrator
Look at all those market tables calling out for some terrain and minis! :)

Other than a spirited attempt by the dog yesterday evening to look like it needed to go to the vets late in the evening (totally fine now) to throw the annual spanner in my BOYL plans I look to be on course to tackle the trains tomorrow (fateful words), with a quick pitstop at London Auctions to pick up supplies (not 241 however, bit rich for my taste). Should make your evening SpaceFleet game I hope followed by a beverage or two.

EricF

Administrator
Well I'm being dragged though the English countryside by Britain's finest Class 444 Desiro, not that I'd have called is a "desiro", but at least it's aspirational I guess! Think I hit Newark about five pm.

Back