Favourite Oldschool Fantasy Artist?

EricF

Administrator
Always been Ian Miller for me. I felt his art captured the feeling (as opposed to the actual reality sometimes) of both 40k and fantasy, the grotesque dark scale of the worlds, soaring structures and twisted trees! It just gave everything so much atmosphere - it's certainly how I always pitched the feel of the Old World in my WFRP campaigns.

Loose Loser

At the beginning ( GW artists ) I was enchanted by Mark Gibbons, Wayne England and Des Hanley. Later I was more and more into John Blanche ( I mean, absolute beast, just to see that even today he's got that child naiveness in his drawings, I mean mind of genius, hand of virtuoso and spirit/heart of child ) . I was familiar with Ian Miller before and he's one of my favorite artist overall ( for his style specially Green Dog Trumpet, what reminds me that I have to bought it ). I even bought Commissar drawing from 1987 ( also almost bought John Blanche piece and just day before I would send money, I've got hefty speeding ticket! ). Much later I started to look at artist from 80s, some familiar from before or I couldn't put name on it before. I really do enjoy every single drawing and painting these guys did, all artist, one better then the other.

Loose Loser

I've somehow managed to take picture with my french salad of smartphone.

Attachments

• IMG_2105.JPG
    IMG_2105.JPG
    236.4 KB · Views: 2,777

Loose Loser

No problem. I don't think it was published. It was nice to see actual drawing style in person to see how loose style is. This is more like a sketch but there are parts where it was slowed down for details.

Back