Chaos growing collection

Hi all oldhammer fans!
Recently I just returning to my old collection of warhammer , and sadly a LOT of miniatures were missed :(
Just about 6 khorne champions and 2 nurgle still there , so after loking again at them for looong minutes almost rediscovering how cool those old minis are ,
I decided to "recollect" the chaos champions and warriors from that era and give them a good paintjob.
So here are my first steps on that process:

The ones I already have:
2cx5yt.jpg

New additions!
xgl6b.jpg

2 entire ranks of khorne!:
107oufr.jpg

And new Nurgle guys getting started!
51ajpf.jpg

Hope you like it! More to come soon!

Chico

Looking tasty so far mate, Chaos figures of that era are just so much better then 90% of what came after.

Ok , some new guys coming to the ranks!
qxrq4z.jpg

And... first one completed!
Not so happy with the little shiny added by the barnish...but its ok :)

2v9ajc9.jpg

Need to clean that base....

Just John":13rwtpg1 said:
He's fantastic, great weathering on the shield. What do you use for the bases?

Bases are mostly made of a mix of bark , greystuff, real stones , corck.... and also then covered with some textured paint.

DaImp":3g1ndtsp said:
Do you use a dip, washes, layering etc... :) Just curious how you get your effect.
Oh ok , it was that.
Well , first I make a black priming wich then is carefully lighted with white by airbrush, that gave a very nice lightning effect to work over.
Like that:
2pskbko.jpg
143jer9.jpg

Then I apply very ultra thin layers of ink or very diluted paint , that very soft layers add colour step by step but being very translucent , so the white lightning and the black shadows still punching through.
Then the flesh parts , pouches or smaller detail use to have a more "regular" treatment.
Hope it helps :)

Back