Brush tips not holding paint?

ManicMan

Lord
Okay, my fine detail brush, a 2/0 (which I believe means 0.8mm tip diameter or something) appear to no longer hold paint on the tip. I've not really had this issue before.. online this brush appears to sell for stupid amounts but I didn't pay as much as some are selling it for but it is a Army Painter Sable Kolinsky Masterclass Brush and it has been a good one for fine detail. I probebly haven't been using it at it's best cause my hand and eye sight ^_^ but no real problems. But like I said, just recently it's been having a bit of trouble and right now it appears to just not be holding the paint on the tip that well.

the tip doesn't appear to be a problem.. I mean, there isn't really alot of bristles to have a problem with (an probably lost a few over.. well, it's been over a year.. pretty sure over 2 but I can't remember how many ^_^; ) but.. yeah.. I'm not 100% sure if it's the paint (I have tried a few types but.. might have to do some more study to figure that out) or if it's something up with the brush.. I haven't used my brush soap for a bit cause I'm not sure how much it's really doing anything..

just wondering if anyone has had this issue.. I don't think I've had brushes which have problems holding paint on the tips.. 'broken' tips, losing the shape etc, sure.. but just having a problem holding the paint? maybe the bristles are just really too thin now? any experince?
 
Back
Top