Adv HeroQuest Advanced HeroQuest Enhanced 2nd Edition "fan ruleset"

EricF

Administrator
pic8226674.png

I randomly came on this last week ... certainly a labour of love. I've not yet tried it out, but I thought it might interest some of our HQ fans here! https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/3306598/eahq-2nd-edition-rulebook-release

Little point in paraphrasing what they have already said about it ...
Dieter De Geyter said:
As some of you might know by now, I'm quite the fan of Enhanced AHQ originally made by Gunzhard. It's a collection of all the rules and content from Terror in the Dark and all the White Dwarf releases, along with some extra content and houserules. I found those very interesting, but they probably didn't get enough playtesting. It made the game easier for starting Heroes, but once the Heroes survived a few expeditions, the game became too easy. Especially when using a Wizard, Mage or Fighter-Mage.

This is my take on a rebalanced release of EAHQ: Advanced Heroquest Enhanced 2nd Edition. I kept most of the houserules it introduced, but spell components are back in the game. There's still a chance of losing Fate Points permanently when using too many during the same phase. I added some tweaks like a soft cap on Toughness (credits to RECIVS for this) and introduced a few new classes to the Enhanced class creation system...
I will add document with a list of changes compared to the base game in the near future. But to be honest, it remains quite loyal to the base game.

Personally I've always been quite a fan of AHQ (except for the basing using round bases which were too large for the tiles - give me 30mm grids any day!) although I don't have a copy at present, so I'm hoping this with some custom floor tiles might be a good mix to scratch that dungeon delving itch!

ManicMan

I've seen a number of fan 'expanded' rules but no problem there ^_^ I was finally able to get a cheap set the other year but not quite complete (thus cheap). Mostly missing the doors and I think a couple of Skaven and Men-at-arms.. not like I've got a shortage of them (with the Skaven being the same figures ^_^)

anyway.. looks like they screwed up the title though.. EAHQ would be 'Enhanced advanced HeroQuest'. Just add the 2nd after that making EAHQ2 not reordering it but keeping the EAHQ tag... but sorry about the nick picking ^_^ always worth posting new rule sets and stuff

Back