The complete history of Grom

weazil

Due to a sudden and catastrophic loss of interest in work, I thought I'd post some pictures. I'm sure you'll have seen these before, but the forum has run long enough now that maybe some of you haven't.

Anyway, I have a long running (but healthy, Chico!) fascination with Grom, as you can see:

Pre-slotta:
Grom1_2.jpg

1985:
Grom2.jpg

1992:
Grom3.jpg

Pimp My Grom:
Grom_Chariot1.jpg

And the whole family, all spending some quality time together:
AllGroms1.jpg

AllGroms2.jpg

AllGroms3.jpg

AllGroms4.jpg

If you're really, really interested, you can see more about him up on the blog.

I do wonder, however, that when they decide to release his next incarnation in finecast, whether or not I'll be able to afford him to continue the history...

Just John

From Grom the Paunch to Grom the Nasty to Grom the Fat Belly to Grom the Corpulent Toad with Teeth. I might not like the last two figures but I can appreciate good painting. Nice stuff

phreedh

axiom":1i9lgipb said:
You just need the unreleased Grom to complete the bunch!
You see gaj, there's always one of us to tell you you haven't got enough Grom. ;)

Said it before, but they're great!

weazil

phreedh wrote:

axiom wrote:

You see gaj, there's always one of us to tell you you haven't got enough Grom.

FFS! There's another one?! Can anyone shed any light on this unreleased Grom? Mr Casey?

weazil

Too right - that is one ugly SOB. Not feeling compelled to 'complete' the collection - clearly the unreleased one was just some tragic mistake.

weazil":221yqung said:
phreedh wrote:

axiom wrote:

You see gaj, there's always one of us to tell you you haven't got enough Grom.

FFS! There's another one?! Can anyone shed any light on this unreleased Grom? Mr Casey?

Ah, someone beat me to it :grin: Of course, you also need the various relevant musicians, champions and standard bearers...

Just John

Citadel Collector":3g6wlpwt said:
Of course, you also need the various relevant musicians, champions and standard bearers...

And don't forget a nice regiment of troopers to go with each set :grin:

Thantsants

Got myself a nice sized 2nd ed. Grom regiment :mrgreen:

Never seen the unreleased chap either but I'm in agreement with you lot!

Nice work as ever Gaj 8-)

Padre

The unreleased Grom looks a bit like the chin wobbling goblin king from the first Hobbit film. As for how ugly he is - goblins are meant to be ugly, aren't they?

Back