Sort of old school-ish Otherworld adventurers

I painted up a set of Otherworld Miniatures demi-human adventurers recently and most of them have a real old school vibe to them, especially the half-orcs. I read not too long ago how Oldhammer isn't just 80's Citadel so here's new school old school. There are dwarves, halflings, gnomes, elves and the half-orcs I mentioned.

ow%20dwarves%20montage%20small.jpg

ow%20halflings%20gnomes%20montage%20small.jpg

ow%20elves%20montage%20small.jpg

ow%20half%20orc%20montage%20small.JPG

Zhu Bajie

Those paint-jobs are a bit nice. Well done!

There's a lot of nods to classic Citadel designs in the range. Love the Halforc with the furry hat :)

Would make a cracking Oldhammer skirmish warband...

Spooktalker

Really fine as usual. These are fantastic figures. Rare and welcome styling on the elves, and the half-orcs too.

Leadpest

Very pretty! Lovely crisp style. My favourite is the elf chap with the grappling hook. Cheers for sharing.

Aiteal

Stunning!
That's a beautiful palette you are using, any chance you could share a few colour choices, particularly those muted earthy colours on the elves/half-elves?
I'm planning on starting a Scarloc's regiment soon and would love them to look nice and natural like that.

DaImp

Good god those are fantastic Stone Cold!!!!
I love the muted palette you use, just insanely beautiful.

Just John

Having just picked myself up off the floor I just don't have the words to describe how good they are. Thats it I'm hanging up my brushes and melting down my lead pile :grin:

The half-orcs are fantastic - my only problem is I find the Otherworld minis a bit too expensive to buy them.

Erny

Yep it's painting like this that is stopping me painting mine. However I am coming round more and more to the idea of getting them painted.

Are these your standard or best quality, I'm guessing best but we live in hope..

If only Richard hadn't made so many of the blighters I may have been able to afford your skills on them all.

Aiteal":5ya8ylk0 said:
Stunning!
That's a beautiful palette you are using, any chance you could share a few colour choices, particularly those muted earthy colours on the elves/half-elves?
I'm planning on starting a Scarloc's regiment soon and would love them to look nice and natural like that.

The leather armour was VGC Charred Brown highlighted with VGC Earth and then a little VGC Bonewhite for the sharp edges.

I use a few different browns: VMC USA Olive Drab, German Camo Black Brown, Burnt Umber, US Field Drab and Khaki Grey, and the Opaque Vallejo's Heavy Sienna and Heavy Brown. VGC Beasty Brown, Parasite Brown, Dark Fleshtone and the two already mentioned. Might have missed a few but that's the bulk of them.

Erny":1dmm8knr said:
Yep it's painting like this that is stopping me painting mine. However I am coming round more and more to the idea of getting them painted.

Are these your standard or best quality, I'm guessing best but we live in hope..

If only Richard hadn't made so many of the blighters I may have been able to afford your skills on them all.

Yeah this is the best I can do ;)

Thanks for the comments everyone. Always appreciated. :grin:

Back