Some new and old stuff

here on my blog are some pics of foundry greeks and some very old miniatures I made and were on sale long ago
5.jpg

A bronze age Amazon
10.jpg

very old Wolfman miniature mid 80s I think
11.jpg

a Celtic hero loft find heheh
8.jpg

Another loft find my old Wickerman based on the Fabian art work in Slane comic strip

more bits and bobs here also
http://shadowking-shadowkings.blogspot. ... ss-to.html

Tony

Aiteal

Loving the Slaine mini and the Wicker man, did you scratch build that yourself?
Bisley's Horned God artwork is certainly memorable, I always wished a mini manufacturer would have taken his slant on the Fomorians and Drunes and run with it.
Although I like the Celtos stuff, the Rackham mounted drunes always struck me as near perfect fomorian cavalry, shame they are so hard to come by now :(

The Wickerman I made myself, milliput and loads of plastic skulls, I had a huge ancient Briton Army with Bodica and her daughters on chariots, and wanted a baggage train or relivent home base terrain, The first time I used in in Warhamer ancient battles at turn 6 the Romans had beaten me, but on turn 7 there whole army had routed , the best morale roll failures ever in a game.

Asslessman

I love your Wickerman and your Slaine (where does it come from?),
I 'm happy to be your 100th follower for the matter ! Many great things there.

Aiteal":3an1t0im said:
Bisley's Horned God artwork is certainly memorable, I always wished a mini manufacturer would have taken his slant on the Fomorians and Drunes and run with it.
Couldn't agree more with you. I remember a great celtic range but can't figure which brand it was that made this excellent naked Cuchulain standing on the yoke of his cart...

I think its a Celtos one in not sure now, and thank you for being 100 on my list, Iam always amazed how many hits I get, thanks for looking and 50.000ihits is not far away insane hehehe

Aiteal

shadowking1957":1vmzhnqj said:
The Wickerman I made myself, milliput and loads of plastic skulls.

It's excellent :)

Asslessman":1vmzhnqj said:
I love your Wickerman and your Slaine (where does it come from?),
I 'm happy to be your 100th follower for the matter ! Many great things there.

Aiteal":1vmzhnqj said:
Couldn't agree more with you. I remember a great celtic range but can't figure which brand it was that made this excellent naked Cuchulain standing on the yoke of his cart...

Tom Meier's Cuchulain for Thunderbolt Mountain from the mid 90s?
It's one of those old minis (like that damned twee Elf princess on a flying swan boat) that I'm occasionally on the lookout for.

Asslessman

Aiteal":1pd5dw73 said:
Tom Meier's Cuchulain for Thunderbolt Mountain from the mid 90s?
Yes, that might be the one.
Now I think of it, didn't Mark Copplestone sculpt any?

Sorry Shadowking, please excuse me(us) for derailing your thread. I'll browse through your blog and add a few more dozens of views as payback (and most probably to get my eyecandy...)

I have looked and that Slaine is old perhaps Scota models one? I know I was sent all there fantasy stuff, strange and im dam sure there is Slough Feg some where. got me looking now.

Please derail the posts any time its fun to have such people like minded, im now striping figures and have been sent a almost a full set of Kremlo scenario minis, wonderful

Asslessman

shadowking1957":3v2brxyf said:
im dam sure there is Slough Feg some where. got me looking now.

Froth mode activated
shadowking1957":3v2brxyf said:
Please derail the posts any time its fun to have such people like minded
Derailing with miniature talk OK, but you'd be terrified to see with what some of us can come up with, especially now we're talking about naked cuchulain and sessairs (male nudity, seriously... :shock: )

Aiteal

shadowking1957":3fz9oaei said:
I have looked and that Slaine is old perhaps Scota models one? I know I was sent all there fantasy stuff, strange and im dam sure there is Slough Feg some where. got me looking now.

Please derail the posts any time its fun to have such people like minded, im now striping figures and have been sent a almost a full set of Kremlo scenario minis, wonderful

Yeah, I think it is a Scota/Celtos mini, the cricket bat style swords are usually a dead give away.

Full set of Kremlo minis?
Nice :)

Thantsants

Another fan of the Wickerman - got to be a good scenario for a game there.

Creepy village and sinister peasants + unsuspecting heroes...

Great paint, and some of my favorite topics, so I'm sorty, but derailing begins... NOW: ;)

I just painted Cuchulainn, from Thunderbolt Mountain, off his chariot for my Celtic Myth project over at LAF.
2.img.13784388151-P1010054.JPG

I have the chariot, otherwise complete, if anyone would like it.

Slaine guy is old Harlequin? Or Fantasy Forge? If FF, Northstar is re-releasing the line, some for OGAM, the rest afterwards, and the most excellent Feg is in there:
http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=57874.15

Im told he fantasy forge so northstar might have him also there is a load of unreleased miniatures in that range, im fingers crossed as I know a huge drune on a elk was made and some massive beasties

Back