Screw it: Oldhammer and Retro GameBooks!

Anyone got any feedback? I know my voice isn't great for these things but oh well ^_^

People think some background music? Sound effects? just any real comment on anything they think they might like to see to improve things. I'm getting ready to record the next playthrough and it's probably gonna have to be in 2 parts cause it's a much longer book (though I got longer). One of the ones I've been looking forward to (Though there are some others on my list I am also looking forward to).

short of things like 'Your voice is horrible, stop doing these you complete git", I'm fine with most feedback ^_^ just try to be constructive.
 
Not really my thing but I was intrigued by the Sláine entry because Pat Mills was always very inventive & I had no idea there was a choose-your-own-adventure book in that milieu. I remember liking Mills' collaboration with Simon Bisely.

There's an entire minute of silence at the beginning. Perhaps, with as few words as possible, begin with something like "Welcome to another adventure game book play-through. Today, I'll lead you through book." The scrolling grid is just distracting - perhaps just stick with the last picture until you move on?

You don't do the "like & subscribe" dance, which is to your credit. Best of luck!
 
Normally I put an intro bit of music but that only really applies for stuff which is based on... stuff which has a theme (Transformers, Knightmare etc) where as some bits don't have much to use. But I can try to figure something out.

I tried to get a background which had some motion for.. some reason I can't remember, but not much but yep, I can look around and see what else I can come up with ^_^ thanks.

There are.. two more Sláine ones I can do at some point.
 
Well, It's out now and boy is that video long.. well.. 2 and a half hours. Also tried a few things like sound effects and stuff. Editing took some time for this one. Not that I enjoy editing on any of them anyway... editing audio stuff and going over more and more is just annoying for me... but oh well ^_^
 
After a delay partly caused by Youtube having no customer service of note these days (google.. one of the biggest pollutants of the tech industry yet they can't use some of the resources they waste to hire some half trained tech support), Today's release is up!

And you get to listen to some nice music which means even if I had a chance of making money on these (I have no chance at all) I wouldn't be able to ^_^
 
I watched the intro. I have fond memories of that show, so thanks for the nostalgia. That was my introduction to the legend of Herne the Hunter. Blond Robin can still just eff off. It wasn't the same.

My favourite depiction of Robin Hood is still Robin and Marian directed by Richard Lester. A bunch of old men swinging swords at each other might not make the best dice based adventure game. Richard Lester also did the two best Three Musketeers movies, in my opinion.
 
^_^ they put in alot of effort to make Robert NOT Robin. the original stories of Robin Hood, one of the MAIN features was that he was a commoner. Later on they invented friar tuck, Maid Marion, Little John and then that .... weird guy invented this idea he was really Robert Kinsooth or something and tried to say he was a real person, and then other stuff had this noble born (though he wasn't the first to say noble born but still).

So when Michael Praed left to make it big in the USA, and they wanted a replacement, no shortage of legends to pick from and they wanted him to very much NOT be the same guy. So he was noble born, etc.. then as they were making it they decided it would be fun to have Gisborne his Half brother, but Goldcrest having to back out which lead to series 4 not being made kinda meant alot of what they wanted to do to end up the series didn't happen. Carpenter had even said if he knew they weren't gonna get the last series, he would have ended the 3rd one a bit differently.

of course, a couple of companies HAVE carried it on a bit, with some audios with some of the original cast but I'm not 100% sure how well they succeed... atleast they aren't a certain company which.. while they have some good stuff, they are far more concerned with making money then being anything that good.

I would say what my Favourite Musketeers adaptation is, which is also kinda the most faithful (despite a couple of odd changes), and that also had a couple of films but.. you might think me barking
 
they put in alot of effort to make Robert NOT Robin.
I get it but I still don't like it. Recasting is always a problem.

I didn't know at the time Ronnie Barker was Friar Tuck.
I would say what my Favourite Musketeers adaptation is, which is also kinda the most faithful (despite a couple of odd changes), and that also had a couple of films but.. you might think me barking
I've heard there have been some good TV adaptations. Do you have some elaborate thesis on that cartoon dog? I bet that is it. ;)
 
Oh, It would be a very long talk on it ^_^ shame the company kinda went bad for the second series.. they stopped Japanese animation. That alone wouldn't kill them, cause they did some good shows without it, but then the writing quality, translation, dubbing etc also went down.. It's the problem with some of there other shows which got a series 2 as well.
 
Richard Lester also did the two best Three Musketeers movies, in my opinion.
And possibly the best scene (script, acting, humour and action!) of all time with the 4 musketeers. Having breakfast at the frontline Bastion of Saint Gervais,to avoid being spied on :D
"Seems a long way to go for breakfast..."
Here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
:D
And here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
Yes remember it in the news when it (the fall off the horse) happened, tragedy for the family and poor compensation they got for losing him years later. The films had a good mix of straight and comedic actors. Spike Milligan was just his anarchic self in them, and always thought Faye Dunaway was a good (essentially evil) pick for the anti-herione role of Milady.
 
Back
Top