Malacassa's Oldhammer Blog Riddles in the Dark

Blog: Malacassa's Oldhammer Blog
Owner: Malacassa
Author: Rob D

Special Guest Appearance

No trip to the Misty mountains is complete without a visit to Gollum's cave. I didn't have a modern Gollum model, so a quick purchase from eBay sorted that problem. I did think about a quick scenario with Gollum and Bilbo but last battle was calling. And I went straight to the Escape from Goblin Town. Anyway I have a feeling Gollum will show up again.

The Wizard & the Burglar

The major change to the scenario rules was to move the goblins back to the platform and reinforcement locations would be randomised in the same way as in Scenario 3.

With no real choice Gandalf and Bilbo raced towards each other. And Bilbo put on the ring at the first opportunity. The goblins had the better of the priority rolls and Gandalf had to use his might to call heroic moves to try and stay ahead of the pursuing goblins. When Grinnah got in range he also called a heroic move to cancel Gandalf’s. Winning the first roll off, Grinnah then managed to get one goblin into combat with another one supporting. Gandalf’s terrifying aura keeping most of the goblins at bay.

As with the previous game, Gandalf doesn’t do well when outnumbered and lost a wound and all of his fate over a couple of turns of combat. Bilbo fared better when a pair of goblins finally cornered him and took one down.

With his last point of might, Gandalf called one last heroic move which Grinnah attempted to counter, but this time Gandalf won and reached the hobbit.

After the Battle

Gandalf proved his wizard’s cunning and recovered, a wound, two points of fate and a point of might.

Before the final battle, I rolled to see if any of the dwarves had escaped their seemly certain deaths both Fili and Dori had made back to the land of the living. Dori continued his good luck by recovering a 2nd wound, point of might and fate.

For winning the previous scenarios, the dwarves gained 4 points of might or fate which were shared out between Gloin, Dwalin and Balin.

Rob

Continue reading on Malacassa's Oldhammer Blog

Please note that any comments you post here about this news feed article may not be seen or ready by the owner of the blog from which the article came.

Please consider visiting the blog itself and commenting there as well to give the author your feedback.

Back