Gnomevember!

lenihan

The most niche of all painting challenges - it's the month of Gnomevember!

Do any of you have gnomes to paint? If not, why not! Gnomes are one of the oldhammery-est races in the world of oldhammer and they make the world a better place. Why not join me in getting some painted? I've dug 10 gnomes, of various sources of manufacture (Citadel, Essex, and errrr miscellaneous), out of the leadpile. Not going to promise that I can get all of them done - but after a couple of years of painting no gnomes at all, I really ought to be able to get some ready for battle! Who will join me?

Fimm McCool

Yay gnomes!

gnomeb2-600x600.jpg

inchmurrin

I shal be submitting a classic D & D gnome illusionist. this is because my gnome thief's hand fell off and has proved impossible to pin as a result of its small size, should I amputate the arm and replace all of it I wonder?

inchmurrin":z4fvhmpx said:
I shal be submitting a classic D & D gnome illusionist. this is because my gnome thief's hand fell off and has proved impossible to pin as a result of its small size, should I amputate the arm and replace all of it I wonder?

Did he get caught stealing?
Common punishment.

inchmurrin

And this is my contribution Ral Partha gnome illusionist and assassin. The assassin did lose his hand and short sword so I replaced it with an armoured one and shortened the longsword to something more in keeping. This took me back to my AD&D playing days and confirmed my view that these player character types were next to useless in play but interesting as a type.

1119634153_o.jpg

He had to have a red hat didn't he?

1119634150_o.jpg

I've seen him painted with bare legs but despite some fashion victims commitment shotrts and Scottish weather don't mix, and I think that applies to Greyhawk mountains as well.

As always comments and critique welcomed.

Zhu Bajie

Introducing Jeramiah Crowbane, Gnorven Hedgewarden:

Gnorves are kind of half-gnome half-dwarfs, or bearded Gnolls of the Fantasy Tribes variety. After sitting in the shed for a few months he's finally got a bit of colour on him in time for Gnomevember.

Attachments

• Gnorf_1_Jeramiah_crowbane.jpg
    Gnorf_1_Jeramiah_crowbane.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 403

Zhu Bajie

Cheers!

Here's another of the Hedgewardens I painted up recently,the Gnörvish hedge-maiden Yagh-Fétt Küpir.

Attachments

• Gnorf_2_hedgemaiden.jpg
    Gnorf_2_hedgemaiden.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 387

EricF

Administrator
I did start to do a banner, looks like I might have to see where I got to! I didn't get as bar as drawing a badge alas :(

Lovely little gang there.

ManicMan

mm.. I either have some gnomes or figures which are pretty much gnomes (I do have a few 'dwarfs' which are.. skinny and small and clearly not dwarfs).. might have a go at some. Small and simple to paint up.

ManicMan

what's the difference between a gnome and a halfling? Halflings are basically genetic Hobbits, and Hobbits are based on some versions of gnomes so.. Does it help if the gnome is named David?

Back