Bugs Undead (Pic heavy)

bug16

I've been having a rummage around my HD and I found photos I took of my Undead army as I was building it up and repainting it in 2008. It's not everything I own in the army, far from it, but it's as far as I got before I ran out of enthusiasm. I'm currently re-appraising what's left to paint in the army, basically more troops, lots of metal cavalry, war machines, etc.

Photo quality is quite variable but it should give you an idea of what I was up to. :)

Archers

Archers_zpsb6240f1f.jpg

I've got enough of these along with command to field a unit of 25.

Banshee

Banshee_zpsf203c6f2.jpg

Ghosts

Ghosts_zpscf053222.jpg

Ghosts1_zpsa247f588.jpg

Ghosts2_zps0883214e.jpg

Yes I realise none of these are actual ghost models. ;)

Liche

Liche_zps5676e81c.jpg

Longhorn

Longhorn_zps9373989e.jpg

Necromancer

Necromancer_zps23061012.jpg

He's actually a Liche but I painted him up to look alive.

Skeleton with two handed weapons

Reapers_zpsb4b873c5.jpg

Reapers2_zps58f85e2f.jpg

Skeletons with swords unit 1

Skeletons1_zps5b700e66.jpg

Skeletons with swords unit 2

Skeletons2_zps74c74205.jpg

Skeletons with spears

Spears_zps6d9a3ff9.jpg

Wraiths

Wraiths_zps755c75b7.jpg

Wraith1_zps8b4ca918.jpg

Wraith2_zps17f406f4.jpg

Zombies unit 1

Zombies1_zpsb532d7d7.jpg

Zombies unit 2

Zombies2_zpsc340e859.jpg

Mutantdale

A great army there Bug.. you need to get the gumph to paint more of them.. too many dwarves on these ere forums and not enough dead stuff..

MD :ugeek:

bug16

Thanks for the comments guys. :) I'm a big fan of this era of Citadel Undead. I like that the range can either be built into a coherent looking army or if you want lots of variation the options are there.

The handful of 4th/5th edition model's I'm still using are the very few from that era that I don't mind and they're more of a stop gap.

I'm going to have to paint a lot more of models for the Oldhammer Day otherwise as a pure infantry force I'll be easily destroyed. What I painted originally was more me painting what I thought would be fun to paint rather than what would be effective in game.

Pil

Very cool, it's always good to see more classic painted undead and these are no exception! I really like your model choices for the ghosts, banshee and wraiths as they are troop types that I haven't given a lot of thought yet.

I also love all your zombies! 8-)

Naagruz

Thats a great collection of undead. Those Kev Adams zombies are the best Citadel ever made!

Great painting & I'd like to see more pics.

bug16

@Pil - I guess me thinking about things like Banshees and the like is down to me playing this army as a 6th edition VC army.

@Naagruz - Definitely! I love these zombies, they're just so disgusting! :) I think my favourite sculpt is still the zombie that's having its brain extracted by a hungry crow.

@CC - Currently 2k. I've not totted up exactly how many points I've got in 3rd edition, including unpainted models (there are many..), but I'd hazard a guess at around easily 5k. I'd love to bring more but I'm not sure how many I'll get painted in time as it is. I've currently got Skull Chuckers, Plague Cart, cavalry and some characters models in my paint queue. If I can manage to paint up a 3k army in time I'm sure Erny has enough Orcs and Goblins painted to do that.

Thantsants

Big Zombie fan here too - got loads of placcy skellies but I'd love a large shambling horde of the old lead zombies - yours look fantastic as does the rest of the army. 8-)

Now these bring back memories of my friends army from High School times! It's very nice you use these and it's even nicer they're painted as well as they are. There's something soft, something bright, something...

Harry

i have not seen these before ... and they are flippin brilliant. Love 'um. Thanks for sharing.

bug16

Ta for the words guys. I'm still plugging away with my Undead at a glacial pace. For some reason I thought zombie cavalry would be quick to paint and they're really not!

Mutantdale

Bug when are we getting updated pics?

I am also painting up some undead and should have a minor force with me at the Oldhammer weekend if you need any reinforcements.

If you do give me a shout and I can paint up some bits you won't have to make the field more interesting.

MD

Erny

Hmmm.. I shall be watching this thread very closely. Skullchuckers, gulp! At least spirit hosts in third are over priced.

Must say this is a very nice looking force with some great paint jobs and who doesn't love those zombies?

Now I do have a full 20+ unit of them but this was the only photo I could find at work... Yours are better painted me thinks.

Mutantdale

I do like the zombies Erny.. not sure how good they are in 3rd but I have 25 preslottas and 30-40 3rd ed to paint though so its a bit daunting

Back