Blood Bowl chaos team

phreedh

I've had these more or less done for a while but recently got around to finish the bases and take pics for the blog. Got a handful of beastmen primed and ready for the brush, and the old 2nd edition two-part minotaur (freaking huge!) as well.

P1110346.jpg

More pics and text on the ol' blog:
http://ministuff.godzilla.se/?p=802

Any thoughts on the eyes? Pure black now, but am considering three options: leave as is (most likely), add a white speck to the black OR do them red all demonic like.

phreedh

vintagephreak":x0vlsyyz said:
Lovely stuff. I'd keep the eyes black since eyes without irises look demonic enough, almost shark-like.
Exactly my thought. =)

I don't like sheep (or goat's) eyes on beastmen because it enhances the antropomorphic style which I'm not really a fan of. These are beastmen, not goatboys. =D

Orlygg

Very, very nicely painted. The metallic armour is especially well done. Very hard to create depth with silver. As impressive as always mate!

phreedh

Orlygg":3dsbgyy6 said:
Very, very nicely painted. The metallic armour is especially well done. Very hard to create depth with silver. As impressive as always mate!
Thanks mate!

Thantsants

This time my friend, I'm being complimentary! ;)

Now get on with the rest of the team :lol:

Oh and would a little splash of gloss varnish on the black eyes be worth a go?

phreedh

No varnish on the eyes yet, but here is a crummy photo of the four most recent additions to the team.
DSC_1265.jpg

And the whole team, so far
DSC_1245.jpg

Four more beasts and a minotaur to go, after I get the july painting challenge done. I also have some dwarfs to paint for a comission inbetween.

Verrrrr nice. Look forward to seeing the final additions to the team.

I've been wondering whether to dig out my crappy plastic humans (for which I have a twisted fondness) and put a team together.

phreedh

stone cold lead":2ohhoxgk said:
Verrrrr nice. Look forward to seeing the final additions to the team.

I've been wondering whether to dig out my crappy plastic humans (for which I have a twisted fondness) and put a team together.
Are those the 3rd edition box set humans with different models for different positions? If so, just go for it. They're are fairly decent and rather fun to paint albeit a tad bland.

Back