Blanche - The Rise of Grimdark and Garrison miniatures

EricF

Administrator
Can't say I do, but I've just started reading it myself! Although it's been buried under a few WDs and Warhammer Siege the last few days so I must get back to it! Was your copy a bit "dark" on the image printing?

ManicMan

technically, as is my understanding, they didn't HAVE a Conan range. They would have needed to get the rights to Conan the Barbarian, and they didn't, so it was more an 'inspired by'. As for which figures he did concept designs for.... no clue.. the sculpting.. while better then me by far, doesn't really grab me as being that fantastic so trying to use them to find which are based on Blanche's concert art.. no clue at all..

Can't say I do, but I've just started reading it myself! Although it's been buried under a few WDs and Warhammer Siege the last few days so I must get back to it! Was your copy a bit "dark" on the image printing?
As has been widely commented before, the Amazon print on demand is not as good a quality as could have been, but can’t say it appears “dark”?

technically, as is my understanding, they didn't HAVE a Conan range. They would have needed to get the rights to Conan the Barbarian, and they didn't, so it was more an 'inspired by'. As for which figures he did concept designs for.... no clue.. the sculpting.. while better then me by far, doesn't really grab me as being that fantastic so trying to use them to find which are based on Blanche's concert art.. no clue at all..
Ok, yes that would make more sense. This thread is just a little bit of fun conjecture unless anyone out there has more information. From my perspective, I can see his signature design aesthetic on some of them, e.g. the winged serpent and warriors scream out late 70s Blanche art.

Back